Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #2,311  
/pine said:
The AGW henny penny's put so much faith in the professionals that interpret the little data that there is on the subject...yet every year almost 200,000 Americans die because equally trained and educated (medical) professionals make mistakes...

Think through your analogies before posting. You are saying that because a tiny fraction of hospitalized patients die of "mistakes" while under the care of expert practitioners that therefore we shouldn't pay attention to any science those same practitioners agree on such as "smoking causes cancer". You are suggesting we throw out the baby with the bath water. Nosocomial infections are a serious problem but no reason for a wholesale rejection of medical services which you analogy implies.

We've already gone over, several times, the fact that science is an iterative process where changes in theory and interpretation of data is natural, expected, and necessary. The fact that a group of scientists supported a theory in the past which has subsequently been invalidated is hardly reason to walk away from science.

/ Global Warming? #2,312  
Yes it is.

From after WWII to the '70s we heard from the experts about global cooling. Then it was switched to global warming, which is a rather divergent switch. Now, in an attempt to cast as broad a net as possible, they use the term "climate change".

When a witness giving testimony in court changes his story dramatically and frequently, there is a problem with credibility.

/ Global Warming? #2,313  
Yes it is.

From after WWII to the '70s we heard from the experts about global cooling. Then it was switched to global warming, which is a rather divergent switch. Now, in an attempt to cast as broad a net as possible, they use the term "climate change".

When a witness giving testimony in court changes his story dramatically and frequently, there is a problem with credibility.

The prediction was based on cyclic average temperatures that showed we should be going into a cooling period. The average temperature did not go down as predicted. The question would be why they diverged.

The term climate change has started to be used because people were completely baffled as to the difference of local temperature as it relates to global average temperature and that there could be changes to local climates, i.e. climate. change.

/ Global Warming? #2,314  
Oxygen-starved fish to shrink significantly due to global warming
Human fish supplies from oceans could be at risk by 2050, according to a new study, as weights for fish may fall by 14-24 percent.

By Alister Doyle, Reuters / October 1, 2012

Fish are likely to get smaller on average by 2050 because global warming will cut the amount of oxygen in the oceans in a shift that may also mean dwindling catches, according to a study on Sunday.
Oxygen-starved fish to shrink significantly due to global warming - CSMonitor.com
I remember reading years ago that due to the large amount of fish netted, the larger ones were being removed from the gene pool while the smaller ones became the majority of the gene pool. The small ones would manage to slip through the net openings while the larger ones couldn't. Because of this, the offspring were also shrinking in size.

I also recall that it was claimed that due to over fishing the world's fish stocks would be in danger of collapsing around 2050.

Sounds like the people doing this study (Oxygen-starved fish......) took old studies and simply inserted their own reason, AGW, for the causes.

If there were no GW, the fish would still shrink in size and would still be depleted unless remedial actions were take.

/ Global Warming? #2,315  
Global Warming Leads to 150,000 Deaths Every Year
Infectious diseases and death rates rise along with global temperatures
Global warming is not only a threat to our future health, it already contributes to more than 150,000 deaths and 5 million illnesses annually, according to a team of health and climate scientists at the World Health Organization and the University of Wisconsin at Madison - a刃d those numbers could double by 2030.
Research data published in the journal Nature show that global warming may affect human health in a surprising number of ways: speeding the spread of infectious diseases such as malaria and dengue fever; creating conditions that lead to potentially fatal malnutrition and diarrhea; and increasing the likelihood of heat waves and floods.

Health Effects of Global Warming Hardest on Poor Nations
According to the scientists, who have mapped the growing health impacts of global warming, the data show that global warming affects different regions in very different ways. Global warming is particularly hard on people in poor countries, which is ironic, because the places that have contributed the least to global warming are most vulnerable to the death and disease higher temperatures can bring....
Global Warming - Global Warming Leads to 150,000 Deaths Every Year

How many deaths would another Little Ice Age cause? How about a full on glacial event?

/ Global Warming? #2,316  
Thanks for the insightful comment, you can stick your head back in the sand now.

Is there room beside yours? AGW hard core believers that see no other possibilities in a universe of possibilities are certainly using up a lot of the world's available sand!

/ Global Warming? #2,317  
The prediction was based on cyclic average temperatures that showed we should be going into a cooling period. The average temperature did not go down as predicted. The question would be why they diverged.

That is absolutely.......WRONG! :D
The earth cooled significantly between 1950 and 1972. I already posted the evidence as did EE Bota.

/ Global Warming? #2,318  
I remember reading years ago that due to the large amount of fish netted, the larger ones were being removed from the gene pool while the smaller ones became the majority of the gene pool. The small ones would manage to slip through the net openings while the larger ones couldn't. Because of this, the offspring were also shrinking in size.

I also recall that it was claimed that due to over fishing the world's fish stocks would be in danger of collapsing around 2050.

Sounds like the people doing this study (Oxygen-starved fish......) took old studies and simply inserted their own reason, AGW, for the causes.

If there were no GW, the fish would still shrink in size and would still be depleted unless remedial actions were take.
Another ...BINGO! The overfishing scenario was a convenient fact already there waiting to be stolen by AGW agendists.

/ Global Warming? #2,319  
The whole concept of global warming is a farce created by environmental scientists to justify their own existences. They can't forecast the weather reliably beyond a few days, I certainly won't take their word for it 50-100 years in the future.
Let's assume you are correct- who knows what global worming is and is caused by. Would you agree that it is hotter than it was say 20 years ago? I'm seeing pests in Maine that the 20 below temps would have killed off. Henry Fields, Gurneys seed companies have zoned my area a zone 5. Twenty years ago it was a zone 4. I know that they are not the best evidence- but perhaps they are. Both of these companies face bankruptcy through loss of customers if they don't get it right. After last year's mild winter, the plums and grapes were excellent.
The temps are hotter around the world. I posted 3 articles written in response to the heat. The 10 men in Texas who died in their cells- did not pretend to die- the heat got them. 150,000 temperature related deaths around the world. How many old timers can remember mile wide tornadoes with the frequency we get them now, or a tornado season that begins in January? Who knows the cause- no one for the sake of argument, but don't you think it is time to start addressing the stuff we can handle - like drought planning, flood control, tornado shelters, etc..
Maybe the real issue is that republicans are just stingy and don't give a da** about anyone else but themself. So what if the mile wide swath goes through town....sucks to be them doesn't it.
Another burger for the grill and hope the sun keeps shining.

/ Global Warming? #2,320  
Let's assume you are correct- who knows what global worming is and is caused by. Would you agree that it is hotter than it was say 20 years ago? I'm seeing pests in Maine that the 20 below temps would have killed off. Henry Fields, Gurneys seed companies have zoned my area a zone 5. Twenty years ago it was a zone 4. I know that they are not the best evidence- but perhaps they are. Both of these companies face bankruptcy through loss of customers if they don't get it right. After last year's mild winter, the plums and grapes were excellent.
The temps are hotter around the world. I posted 3 articles written in response to the heat. The 10 men in Texas who died in their cells- did not pretend to die- the heat got them. 150,000 temperature related deaths around the world. How many old timers can remember mile wide tornadoes with the frequency we get them now, or a tornado season that begins in January? Who knows the cause- no one for the sake of argument, but don't you think it is time to start addressing the stuff we can handle - like drought planning, flood control, tornado shelters, etc..
Maybe the real issue is that republicans are just stingy and don't give a da** about anyone else but themself. So what if the mile wide swath goes through town....sucks to be them doesn't it.
Another burger for the grill and hope the sun keeps shining.

Isn't that really what's at the heart of the whole concept?

The underlying basis, is political viewpoint... and a desire to do away with the others and their viewpoint... because they aren't as human as you. Dehumanize the other viewpoints and those who hold them... because what you think is right... because you think it.

Not Science.

Non-sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.