Page 234 of 312 FirstFirst ... 134184224231232233234235236237244284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3118

Default Re: Global Warming?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    Think through your analogies before posting. You are saying that because a tiny fraction of hospitalized patients die of "mistakes" while under the care of expert practitioners that therefore we shouldn't pay attention to any science those same practitioners agree on such as "smoking causes cancer". You are suggesting we throw out the baby with the bath water. Nosocomial infections are a serious problem but no reason for a wholesale rejection of medical services which you analogy implies.

We've already gone over, several times, the fact that science is an iterative process where changes in theory and interpretation of data is natural, expected, and necessary. The fact that a group of scientists supported a theory in the past which has subsequently been invalidated is hardly reason to walk away from science.
    As usual...you miss the point entirely...doh!

FYI...it was not an analogy...it was an abstract point (medical science)

The gist of the point was that misguided AGW disciples feel that everyone else should jump on their bandwagon and accept their positions regardless...like if we all believed the same thing we could solve the problem...NOT
    The faith that misguided AGW advocates put into climate science is on a par with the faith that every year 200,000 Americans put into their health care professionals which ends up getting them killed...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Leftist, whacko nut cases cannot stand the idea they are ever wrong...I have never heard a commie pinko admit to being wrong or mistaken.
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by tcreeley View Post
    Maybe the real issue is that republicans are just stingy and don't give a da** about anyone else but themself. So what if the mile wide swath goes through town....sucks to be them doesn't it.
    Another burger for the grill and hope the sun keeps shining.

The book "Who Really Cares" debunks your claims of stinginess, and a thread in Friendly Politics showed who really has the wealth in a very innovative way. You seem to be suffering from a learning disability brought on by propaganda overdose.

Default Global warming stopped 16 years ago

Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it

The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures
    This means that the 叢ause in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996
    Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    Leftist, whacko nut cases cannot stand the idea they are ever wrong...I have never heard a commie pinko admit to being wrong or mistaken.
    What does this have to do with the climate, changing or not?

Everything changes.....

Mitt Romney, Climate Change Flip-Flopper - YouTube

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertBrown View Post

Everything changes.....

Just like the link below stipulates...Global warming stopped 16 yrs. ago....despite this article and many like it along with the revelation that Supposed scientists lied and published false findings...I have yet to hear any commie / pikno lefty admit they were and are wrong...not even a little bit...Hope that clears it up for you.

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Canute View Post
    That article has a picture of big smokestack looking things, and claims:
    "Damage: Global warming has been caused in part by the CO2 emitted by fossil fuels. This image shows smoke billowing out of a power station"

It was not smoke billowing, but water vapor from cooling towers, worse than CO2 for global warming, but presumably it came from normal water, not fossil water.
    Which is bigger?: a) $100 per month since the Big Bang or b) the US National Debt.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by EE_Bota

Oops...I hate to do this to you, but based on a pattern in this thread, you are due, so here goes:

It's called science. Look it up.
    Do you know anything about the scientific method?
    Are you a member of the flat earth society?
    So, what you're saying is that you hate the world, and all of the people, and especially babies and puppies.

I'll stop right there, but I think I have clued you in with my short expose that I am a very clever scientist for the purposes of this thread, and you better watch your step or I'll be theorizing about you again real soon.
    Can you explain what your point is? I'm not seeing it.
    Last edited by madmax12; 10-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    http://www.ohr.edu/838
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BfhxL_JTI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UEVoSJmfs

If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free. Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by RobertBrown View Post

Everything changes.....

If he changed his mind based on new data, that is pretty scientific for a non-scientist.
    Which is bigger?: a) $100 per month since the Big Bang or b) the US National Debt.

Page 234 of 312 FirstFirst ... 134184224231232233234235236237244284 ... LastLast