Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #231  
Just when you thought Ca. was lost forever. ...California Academy of Sciences pulls the plug on their climate change exhibit

California Academy of Sciences pulls the plug on their climate change exhibit | Watts Up With That?

I visited the CAS for the very first time on Saturday with my children, and I知 pleased to report that the exhibit is now in pieces on the floor, and cordoned off from the general public. I asked a museum docent 努hy is the global warming exhibit in the museum brochure (showing her mine) but closed off?

Her response was priceless:

People just weren't warming up to the exhibit. We are doing a new one on Earthquakes opening soon.

------------------ Well they can try it again in another 30 years, just like they wanted us to believe in GLOBAL COOLING when I was a kid in the 70's.

I wonder if all these Global Propogandists realize some people actually have a brain and refuse to drink the Gore Cool- aid.

More Insanity from the Global Warming NUTS.

The Claim: 50 million climate refugees will be produced by climate change by the year 2010. Especially hard hit will be river delta areas, and low lying islands in the Caribbean and Pacific. The UN 62nd General assembly in July 2008 said: …it had been estimated that there would be between 50 million and 200 million environmental migrants by 2010.

The Test: Did population go down in these areas during that period, indicating climate refugees were on the move? The answer, no.

The Proof: Population actually gained in some Caribbean Island for which 2010 census figures were available. Then when challenged on these figures, the UN tried to hide the original claim from view. See: The UN “disappears” 50 million climate refugees, then botches the disappearing attempt

The Change in claim: Now it is claimed that it will be 10 years into the future, and there will be 50 million refugees by the year 2020.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,757713,00.html

Yes let's give Billions more of out tax dollars to these people.

/ Global Warming? #233  
Even without global warming are there not weather refugees? We need to find the difference, not just the number.

/ Global Warming? #234  
EddieWalker said:
One of the reasons nobody believes in Man Made Global Warming

Used to be the Ditto Heads didn't believe in global warming. Now they don't believe in man made global warming.

/ Global Warming? #236  
Used to be the Ditto Heads didn't believe in global warming. Now they don't believe in man made global warming.

At least you are consistant in getting it wrong.

Eddie

/ Global Warming? #237  
:thumbsup: They had a big time oil executive on the TV, he was crying about, the people voicing their opinion, on Natural gas fracking, that it was bad, and he said that people should wait and just rely on the scientists to voice their opinion. :thumbsup:Their opinion will be given to them as soom as the tobacco lobby group tells them what it is.

/ Global Warming? #238  
Earth's clouds are getting lower, NASA satellite finds

Posted: 22 Feb 2012 08:43 AM PST

Earth's clouds got a little lower -- about one percent on average -- during the first decade of this century, finds a new NASA-funded university study based on NASA satellite data. The results have potential implications for future global climate.

I notice there seems to be a preponderance of posts regarding CC (Climate Change) posted by non believers. Their posts tend to be more sarcastic and emotional than rational.

I wonder if this is the equivalent of whistling in the dark?

I have seen cattle form a circle with their horns to the outside to mutually protect their backsides not unlike good ole boys reassuring each other their group think is OK irrespective of its specious nature.

Sometimes (usually?) an issue is not best addressed as black or white but shades of grey. Appropriate management requires a reasoned proportional analysis and response not just a 0 or 100% good or bad.

The last time I appropriately applied "all or nothing" management to anything more complex than a light switch was driving a VW bug where intermediate throttle positions were infrequently needed... usually full throttle or none.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #239  
Just when you thought Ca. was lost forever. ...California Academy of Sciences pulls the plug on their climate change exhibit

The popularity of the exhibit is not necessarily related to its veracity or importance. If popularity with children was a good criteria for making a judgement the Smithsonian would be replaced by a Pizza parlor and a branch of Lego Land.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #240  
California Academy of Sciences

As a kid I used to go to the Steinhart aquarium. I was at the new California Academy of Sciences, what a joke. The worst aquarium make over in the USA. It's a disappointing failure. Where are the fish? Nothing but fluff, and environmental trash propaganda. The sphere is so stupid. And the plants on the roof are equally stupid. What a loss for the city, don't recommend it to anyone. And the de Young museum building is the most ugly building I have ever seen. What a debacle. Want to take your family to an aquarium go to Atlanta. Even the small aquarium in Dallas blows the new Steinhart out of the water. LOL.

HS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.