Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #2,701  
Cat I think you are more confused than usual and have a bad memory too.

First you claim there are 31000 scientists who dispute AGW. Where did you get that number? There probably aren't that many scientists working on climate change issues in the universe. And as you know the vast majority support the notion of AGW, you are saying there must be millions of scientists working on climate change. I don't think so.

Second, you quote a description of a study that proves my point, not yours: I haven't read it but if Anderegg's study shows 97-98% of scientists support a consensus statement on AGW then that is a slam dunk. That is consensus. You are naive if you think there is ever 100% consensus on an active topic of research. And you clearly haven't ever done science if you can make a statement like "data is data".

Third, you quote that study also showing that the 2-3% of scientists who do not support the consensus statement publish only half as many papers. That means the skeptics are not as productive and unlikely to be doing as much climate research.

Fourth, I cannot believe you quote that stupid Daily Mail article AGAIN! We just discussed that a month ago after you posted it. It is utter crap. The Met Office (source of the data) says the reporter was an idiot. He completely screwed up that story which has been well documented (including here on TBN). And you bring it up AGAIN. Can you not remember that far back?

What are you drinking? Stronger than Kool Aid for sure.

/ Global Warming? #2,704  
Meanwhile we just had the earliest snow on record yesterday...

I would have thought Maryland has occasionally been hit with Noreasters like this in the past. We don't expect serious snow until Xmas but occasional storms like this are par for the course a couple hundred miles north of you.

/ Global Warming? #2,705  
Never happened here before that I can find. West of here and north, not here. When you say Maryland, you encompass three different climate regions, ours being the mildest. We've averaged below normal since mid October this year, but like last spring, one season does not make for a climate change.

/ Global Warming? #2,706  
one season does not make for a climate change.

We agree, and single weather events, unless truly unique, do not either. Random variation provides enough "background noise" that patterns rather than events are more reliable indicators of change.

/ Global Warming? #2,707  
I really we think most rational people realize that weather and climate is a fluid and forever changes, where some differ is the mechanism. I choke on the politics of it and increasingly the science is muddled in the politics.

/ Global Warming? #2,710  
In Maine -45th or so lat, we had a bit less than an inch of snow. It has rained all day since, still raining. It really is a very warm fall. We have only had 2 days of low 20's, 3-4 low 30's, everything else 40's-60's. (september to today) Global warming has significantly shifted the weather patters. Our weather makers are now from the south.-balmy!

GW ended 16 years ago- crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.