Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #2,731  
They certainly beat the drums for 10 years about how we're headed to the next ice age how that in 10-15 years the climate of Atlanta would be as cold as then current Minneapolis. It's just not credible that many ow claim it didn't happen when the media recorded it all. Many people my age remember it well.

They were probably neocons dressed as scientists...can fool anyone....if he is conservative enough!

/ Global Warming? #2,732  
Do I believe in Climate Change? YES. Do I believe summers will get hotter and drier? YES. Do I believe winters will get colder in some parts of the world and warmer in others due to climate change? YES. Do I believe the United States is going to experience unpredictable violent weather that will cause billions upon billions of dollars in property damage? YES. Do I believe the tax payer will get the bill for the damage? YES. Do I believe deniers of climate change will be the first in line demanding tax money to repair damages done because we failed to steer away when we had the chance and instead ran full speed into the brick wall? YES

Do I believe a small child born today will before the end of their life cycle have to endure an environment much different and harsher than the one we currently have on earth? YES.

Do I believe we live in a society that is predominately all for instant gratification and I want it now, let someone else worry about tomorrow I want be here anyway? YES.

Very well said:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Global Warming? #2,733  
I didn't see a thing that disputes the northern hemisphere was cooling in the period I said it was! What I saw was just what I said earlier, an attempt to use cherry picked data to bend the reality to fit an agenda. They want to use warming in the southern hemisphere to somehow counter the cooling in the north, however that's either really bad science or just a blatant attempt to muddy the waters, because during most ice ages where there is enough evidence to discern the southern hemisphere warmed or remained near stable as the northern hemisphere cooled. So I see nothing there that changes a thing.

/ Global Warming? #2,734  
They were probably neocons dressed as scientists...can fool anyone....if he is conservative enough!

Being a smartass really doesn't enforce your position much. I was 13 in 1965, a very astute science buff and read everything I could find from Popular Science to National Geographic. I don't need people to cut and paste hand picked articles to show me what scientists of the time believed, I lived there.

/ Global Warming? #2,735  
Being a smartass really doesn't enforce your position much. I was 13 in 1965, a very astute science buff and read everything I could find from Popular Science to National Geographic. I don't need people to cut and paste hand picked articles to show me what scientists of the time believed, I lived there.

You are a youngster, I was 15 in 1965. I'm your elder- what you think of as smart *** is wisdom. Now stop acting like a punky kid and do the reading that Island Tractor assigned you!

/ Global Warming? #2,736  
I read what he pointed out and answered it, I thought being a teacher you could have read that. I can't help it if you were reading Marvel Comics and wondering why Fireballs wouldn't really burn.

/ Global Warming? #2,737  
I read what he pointed out and answered it, I thought being a teacher you could have read that. I can't help it if you were reading Marvel Comics and wondering why Fireballs wouldn't really burn.

Never did figure that one out- and what did Spidey make his webs out of? ....
But one thing I don't like is the time change- 4:59 outside and it is already dark!
Have a good day.

/ Global Warming? #2,738  
toppop52 said:
I didn't see a thing that disputes the northern hemisphere was cooling in the period I said it was! What I saw was just what I said earlier, an attempt to use cherry picked data to bend the reality to fit an agenda. They want to use warming in the southern hemisphere to somehow counter the cooling in the north, however that's either really bad science or just a blatant attempt to muddy the waters, because during most ice ages where there is enough evidence to discern the southern hemisphere warmed or remained near stable as the northern hemisphere cooled. So I see nothing there that changes a thing.

How is it that you are more qualified to interpret climatological data than climatologists? The explanation given in that paper passed peer review at a major climate science journal. What are your credentials?

Face it, we are all amateurs here. When acknowledging that it seems reasonable to defer to mainstream science. If there is a significant disagreement amongst climatologists that is one thing but there is not disagreement. They appear to have a consensus.

Understanding of new data sometimes takes a while. Certainly we reverse course in medicine not infrequently but rarely is the second interpretation of data less accurate than the original.

Ignoring a consensus primarily because it conflicts with a political view is not scientific skepticism. You are starting to sound like the pollsters trying to ignore consensus data in order to predict a different outcome.

/ Global Warming? #2,739  
Gator6x4 said:
I don’t think anyone is promoting an agenda when it comes to climate change. I do think that some people are trying very hard to ignore scientific facts because they clash with a personal opinion. So when a personal opinion conflicts with facts they go on the attack and label climate change a liberal agenda.

You need to set aside some time and watch Fox News. They have plenty of people on weekly who deny the climate on earth has changed or will ever change regardless of what we do.

As to someone assisting or supporting a liberal agenda, I don’t think so. I do have friends who are liberals though and have never seen or heard them promoting any liberal agenda on climate change. I have heard them state scientific facts they have read about climate change and a concern they have in regards to their children and grandchildren. I will have to share with them the next time the conservation comes up that they need to stop promoting a liberal agenda.

If believing in climate change, the facts that have been presented to support such is happening and we in our reckless disregard for the environment are causing the majority of the problems impacting negatively on the earth, requires this old dyed in the wool conservative be labeled a liberal, then I will wear the label with honor and pride.

The climate has changed...since the beginning. It always changes. And it will change. Some of the changes are natural changes. Some of the changes are supernatural changes. The climate always changes. The debate...is not about whether or not it changes. But rather...why it does so. And even when it has, and by how much.

Pride is not a lacking quality of those who refer to their opposition as deniers.

Being better than everyone who disagrees with them gives them good reason to be so proud.

/ Global Warming? #2,740  
The climate has changed...since the beginning. It always changes. And it will change. Some of the changes are natural changes. Some of the changes are supernatural changes. The climate always changes. The debate...is not about whether or not it changes. But rather...why it does so. And even when it has, and by how much.

Pride is not a lacking quality of those who refer to their opposition as deniers.

Being better than everyone who disagrees with them gives them good reason to be so proud.

Some of the changes are supernatural changes.
Really?????? I think maybe I had better move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.