Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #2,901  
If you want to know what religion does to a society or a country visit Saudi Arabia. It will start with a prayer in school and end with coercion to make you go to church.

/ Global Warming? #2,903  
If you want to know what religion does to a society or a country visit Saudi Arabia. It will start with a prayer in school and end with coercion to make you go to church.

Why go there, when we have here? It started with prayer in the public school, and then lead to banning that and now we are down to modifying historic sites to remove religious symbolism.

/ Global Warming? #2,904  
I have no idea who started the religious aspect of this, wasn't me, so you'll have to look elsewhere.

/ Global Warming? #2,905  
I have no idea who started the religious aspect of this, wasn't me, so you'll have to look elsewhere.

I think like Topsy, it just growed. It started with a premise something like "All scientists are objective and believe in global warming and all AGW folks are religious, subjective, and don't believe in science or AGW".

/ Global Warming? #2,906  
Like I said I did a quick search and this is where I got it from
2011 Taxes: How Much Did Romney Donate To Anti-Gay Mormon Church? | The New Civil Rights Movement

But my point was he gave 4 million to charity That's the point, and you clarified it above Thank You. Looks likeI was wrong he gave much more.
It's his money he can give it to who ever he wants, Who are you to decide which "charity" is OK he gives his money to. How much did you "SAY" you gave on your tax return? notice I didn't say give I said say, and who did you supposedly give it to?

The point was the other poster gave the wrong information to make less of Romney and I was making my point that he really is a good guy. Mormon or not I don't care.
Now I see why this is one of the longest threads on TBN, Global warming yes its warming has been for ever We were under 3 miles of ice at one time in the northeast .

Taxing me and my family making the cost of everything go up is not going to stop it. Most of the people in the world do not have electricity what do they do? Tough luck for them I guess
People all high and mighty get off this Change the climate of the earth bull. We can't even predict the weather next Thursday, and you guys are going to STOP global warming. Time to end this thread. really
The earth has been changing from day one. Mankind will adapt. move on

1) Yes he gives millions to "charity" as mandated by his church (I recall he is a Bishop or something official in the Mormon Church so rather difficult for him to skip the tithing requirement). Other than the mandated tithing by his church, he gives a relatively paltry amount given his net worth. He's free to do what he wants but it is baloney to say that he is a generous giver to charity. Look at Bill Gates or Warren Buffet if you want to see examples of people who have used their wealth for something other than personal uses.
2) You say Mitt's a "good guy". Did you ever follow him closely? He was my governor for six years. This "good guy" lost his home state and his adopted state and even his home town in the election. By a lot. Does that fit with the notion that he is a "good guy". We elected a "good guy" Scott Brown a couple of years ago so "good guy" Republicans can win here when they are genuine. Mitt was well known in MA and well understood to be a waffling poll reading multiple choice politician with an over hyped business background who was very much out of touch with regular folks. The people who knew him best did not seem to buy the good guy argument.
3) Back to climate change: You will need to provide evidence to justify your "change the climate of the earth bull". Your opinion ain't worth much so what evidence do you wish to put forth? One video of a retired Canadian professor who gives no data but simply disagrees with the extemporaneous press conference answers given by ***** doesn't really amount to much and sheds no light on the issue. Your dismissal of climate science make it sound like you don't understand it more than anything else.

/ Global Warming? #2,907  

As I recall, religion came in to the discussion when Noah and the Biblical flood was brought in as an example of climate change. Certainly religion itself is a peripheral issue but if some "deniers" use the Bible as a source of information to justify their position then they have opened Pandora's Box on the religion issue.

/ Global Warming? #2,908  
As I recall, religion came in to the discussion when Noah and the Biblical flood was brought in as an example of climate change. Certainly religion itself is a peripheral issue but if some "deniers" use the Bible as a source of information to justify their position then they have opened Pandora's Box on the religion issue.

Post 2030 looks like the first mention of Noah where it is was not being confused by Short Game with NOAA, most likely as a joke.

/ Global Warming? #2,909  
Post 2030 looks like the first mention of Noah where it is was not being confused by Short Game with NOAA, most likely as a joke.

I haven't researched it but just recall the Flood discussion a month or two ago that evolved into discussion of the Bible as a reference. Maybe I am recalling a different thread.

/ Global Warming? #2,910  
I haven't researched it but just recall the Flood discussion a month or two ago that evolved into discussion of the Bible as a reference. Maybe I am recalling a different thread.

I researched it because what 2Lane said sounded familiar, so I was curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.