Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #21  
Bird I sometimes think we are on our way to having the perfect airline industry. You go to the airport but you have so much trouble getting in that you decide to forget about it and go home. Gettin paid for doing nothing would be perfect, right? :rolleyes:

About the weather. It was 68 degrees here with heavy fog in the morning. I wouldn't mind if the snow missed us this year. I always hate those first couple of snows cause people drive so crazy.

Chris

/ Global Warming? #22  
Bird,

You are a moderator here and you have dressed me down before for not following the rules. You started this thread. When I have said things before that were even slightly political, I've had other moderators delete them.

Tell me Bird, is the rule that one cannot say political things, or just that a member cannot say something that disagrees with the politics of the moderators? This thread is full of political opinion, in fact derogatory political statements, and you nor any other moderators seem fazed at all. This is hypocrisy and you know it.

During the beginning of the Renaisance, mathematicians introduced the idea that the Earth was not flat and not the center of the universe. All those who lacked the ability to comprehend the mathematics scoffed and called them fools. They felt security in numbers and in following conventional wisdom. Those introducing the new ideas had a choice of recanting or being burned at the stake. Quite a few refused to recant and thus died for not blindly following those who could not see past the status quo. Well, as it turns out, the status quo was wrong. After Columbus, even after Magellan, many continued to claim that it was all a lie. Those who saw Cortez return loaded with Aztec gold, however, were suddenly driven by a different primal urge. The majority of the population, though, went to their deathbeds secure in their "knowledge" that the Earth was flat, and the center of the universe, and that what they knew as "truth" could not possibly change.

/ Global Warming?
Tom, I quite frankly didn't think of this thread as being political, but rather as just about the weather and climate.:confused: But if you disagree; i.e., consider it to be political, then click on the "Report Bad Post" triangle in the lower left corner of my post, which will send a message to each of the moderators, or send a PM (private message) to Muhammad, explaining your views and thoughts. If they agree with you, any one of them can certainly remove my posts or this entire thread. I don't think I'm wrong, but if I am, it won't be the first time, and I don't have a problem with being told so.

/ Global Warming? #24  
Bird said:
Tom, I quite frankly didn't think of this thread as being political, but rather as just about the weather and climate.:confused: But if you disagree; i.e., consider it to be political, then click on the "Report Bad Post" triangle in the lower left corner of my post, which will send a message to each of the moderators, or send a PM (private message) to Muhammad, explaining your views and thoughts. If they agree with you, any one of them can certainly remove my posts or this entire thread. I don't think I'm wrong, but if I am, it won't be the first time, and I don't have a problem with being told so.

I think Tom brings up some very interesting ideas to think about. I looked at this post as much more mundane then he may have. I also read between the lines and understand where some liberites are taken ie, diverse differences in local climate be it excessivley warm or cool don't automatically translate into evidence that such a phenomenon does or does not exist. With so much disagreement on this subject from experts, how do we stand a chance on supporting an accurate position? Do we error on the side of caution?

/ Global Warming? #25  
Tom_H said:
Bird,

You are a moderator here and you have dressed me down before for not following the rules. You started this thread. When I have said things before that were even slightly political, I've had other moderators delete them.

Tell me Bird, is the rule that one cannot say political things, or just that a member cannot say something that disagrees with the politics of the moderators? This thread is full of political opinion, in fact derogatory political statements, and you nor any other moderators seem fazed at all. This is hypocrisy and you know it.

During the beginning of the Renaisance, mathematicians introduced the idea that the Earth was not flat and not the center of the universe. All those who lacked the ability to comprehend the mathematics scoffed and called them fools. They felt security in numbers and in following conventional wisdom. Those introducing the new ideas had a choice of recanting or being burned at the stake. Quite a few refused to recant and thus died for not blindly following those who could not see past the status quo. Well, as it turns out, the status quo was wrong. After Columbus, even after Magellan, many continued to claim that it was all a lie. Those who saw Cortez return loaded with Aztec gold, however, were suddenly driven by a different primal urge. The majority of the population, though, went to their deathbeds secure in their "knowledge" that the Earth was flat, and the center of the universe, and that what they knew as "truth" could not possibly change.

TOM
POLITICAL? Did i miss something? I saw AL GORES name mentioned,didnt SEE nothing poltical.
I read the second part several times and wonder what this has to do with the "price of tea in china"?Are you implying that you believe in global warming,and the rest of us "lack the ability to comprehend"?whatever...
Good post BIRD.Its almost 50 up here,but is gonna be more seasonable come weekend.When it gets 20 below in a month or so,ill confirm to all,that there is no global warming:)
ALAN

/ Global Warming? #27  
Pretty cold here this AM, but the roads are clear and my drive in to work was uneventful.

/ Global Warming? #28  
Tom, I think your post is a little harsh. Bird is one of the best guys on TBN. It's Not his fault that a bunch of wackos have politicized the weather. We got to hold on to our sense of humor.;)

Chris

/ Global Warming? #29  
BB_TX said:
At the risk of being political, I will report that the high temp here yesterday was the record lowest high temp ever recorded for that date.

Hey, we got our first ice in the dogs water bowl yesterday. It said we had a low of 34 degrees. So how did that water freeze?

/ Global Warming?
_RaT_ said:
Hey, we got our first ice in the dogs water bowl yesterday. It said we had a low of 34 degrees. So how did that water freeze?

How far was that thermometer from the dog's water bowl?:D Sometimes you don't have to go very far to have a big variation in temperature, but I'm sure you knew that. Our official temperture this morning was 22 (at the airport about 5 to 6 miles from here) and my thermometer on the patio didn't get quite that low. In fact, now it's showing 27 at the airport and my thermometer shows 30. But I did have 2.5" of ice, solidly frozen, in my rain gauge.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.