Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #501  
We're not broke, we just gave tax breaks to people who didn't need it. And not polluting is cheaper in the long run.

Yeah we pushed money to the car industry and to the bank industry - hoping they will all vote for husajn this year. That's call buying votes with our taxes.

/ Global Warming? #502  
That amount them mountains go up; is that before or. After erosion?:)

I have been to groves of pine trees up above 11,000 ft where the trees are so old that much of their roots are exposed as the mountain (mostly rock) has worn down exposing them.

Some of these trees are over 5,000 years old.

I didn't see any sea shells.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #503  
New report on the state of polar regions

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 04:37 PM PDT

A new synthesis of reports from thousands of scientists in 60 countries who took part in the International Polar Year (IPY) 2007-08, is the first in over 50 years to offer a benchmark for environmental conditions and new discoveries in the polar regions.

Amount of coldest Antarctic water near ocean floor decreasing for decades

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 12:38 PM PDT

Scientists have found a large reduction in the amount of the coldest deep ocean water, called Antarctic Bottom Water, all around the Southern Ocean using data collected from 1980 to 2011.

U. S. Temperatures hit record highs in March

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 12:35 PM PDT

Compared to seasonal norms, March 2012 was the warmest month on record in the 48 contiguous U.S. states. Temperatures over the U.S. averaged 2.82 C (almost 5.1 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than normal in March.

10,000 simulations show warming range of 1.4 to 3 degrees by 2050

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 11:04 AM PDT

A project running almost 10,000 climate simulations on volunteers' home computers has found that a global warming of 3 degrees Celsius by 2050 is 'equally plausible' as a rise of 1.4 degrees.

Coral links ice sheet collapse to ancient 'mega flood'

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 10:55 AM PDT

Coral off Tahiti has linked the collapse of massive ice sheets 14,600 years ago to a dramatic and rapid rise in global sea-levels of around 14 meters.

Is bioenergy expansion harmful to wildlife?

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 08:18 AM PDT

Despite the predicted environmental benefits of biofuels, converting land to grow bioenergy crops may harm native wildlife. Researchers have developed a way to study the effects of increased energy crop cultivation
on farmland bird populations.

All this and much more at Science Daily: News & Articles in Science, Health, Environment & Technology Subscribe at

www.sciencedaily.com\subscribe

Pat

/ Global Warming? #504  
It's not our fault. We were just standing here, doing nothing, and it just got warmer. We bein' framed, I tells ya!

/ Global Warming? #505  
Still confused about the water?:confused:

Is that land going up and down relative to water or what?:)

That amount them mountains go up; is that before or. After erosion?:)

The amount of water on earth is fixed. That amount of water varies in its location and its state (liquid, solid in the form of ice/glaciers, and water vapor in the atmosphere).

The rise and fall of sea levels other than tidal effects are mostly due to how much is held in solid form in the ice caps.

The rise (tectonic uplift) and fall (erosion or subduction) of land happens much slower than the rise and fall of ocean water levels over time.

Of course I talk in general...there are always exceptions to the rule...

/ Global Warming? #506  
Of course I talk in general...there are always exceptions to the rule...

Yeah, like loss of water to outer space. Not very fast but it happens.

I want to know who bribed the thousands of scientists from 60 countries to falsify their data? As A scientist, I'd like to get some of that money!

Pat

/ Global Warming? #508  
New report on the state of polar regions

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 04:37 PM PDT

A new synthesis of reports from thousands of scientists in 60 countries who took part in the International Polar Year (IPY) 2007-08, is the first in over 50 years to offer a benchmark for environmental conditions and new discoveries in the polar regions.

Amount of coldest Antarctic water near ocean floor decreasing for decades

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 12:38 PM PDT

Scientists have found a large reduction in the amount of the coldest deep ocean water, called Antarctic Bottom Water, all around the Southern Ocean using data collected from 1980 to 2011.

U. S. Temperatures hit record highs in March

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 12:35 PM PDT

Compared to seasonal norms, March 2012 was the warmest month on record in the 48 contiguous U.S. states. Temperatures over the U.S. averaged 2.82 C (almost 5.1 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than normal in March.
And did the article talk about where the jet stream was? I have observed the jet stream location relative to my location can change the local temperature as much as 20 deg. F up or down. How was Europe and Asia etc during the same time frame.

10,000 simulations show warming range of 1.4 to 3 degrees by 2050

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 11:04 AM PDT

A project running almost 10,000 climate simulations on volunteers' home computers has found that a global warming of 3 degrees Celsius by 2050 is 'equally plausible' as a rise of 1.4 degrees.
Do you know how the model was validated? Does it include water vapor (the most important green house gas. If it does not or you don't know the answers to my questions you need to do some research, otherwise the model has no value.

Coral links ice sheet collapse to ancient 'mega flood'

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 10:55 AM PDT

Coral off Tahiti has linked the collapse of massive ice sheets 14,600 years ago to a dramatic and rapid rise in global sea-levels of around 14 meters.

Is bioenergy expansion harmful to wildlife?

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 08:18 AM PDT

Despite the predicted environmental benefits of biofuels, converting land to grow bioenergy crops may harm native wildlife. Researchers have developed a way to study the effects of increased energy crop cultivation
on farmland bird populations.

All this and much more at Science Daily: News & Articles in Science, Health, Environment & Technology Subscribe at

www.sciencedaily.comsubscribe

Pat
In light of climategate 1 & 2, I don't take much at face value. Also I have not seen any real effort to quantify how much warming is caused by CO2 vs other causes. Other planets are warming did man cause them to warm too?

/ Global Warming? #509  
Golly, some places the Chinook Wind can make change from -25 F to +40 F in just several hours! And that may be the low temp on one side of the street with the high temp on the other.:thumbsup:

It seems Scientist's dealing with Earths Temperature do not give believable results. Why should we believe the results derived for other Planet's?:thumbsup:

/ Global Warming? #510  
Yeah, like loss of water to outer space. Not very fast but it happens.

I want to know who bribed the thousands of scientists from 60 countries to falsify their data? As A scientist, I'd like to get some of that money!

Pat

What is your area of science? Perhaps I can hook you up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.