Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #531  
Short Game 1 question. How many degrees of temperature rise does that chart translate to?

/ Global Warming? #532  
380px-Carbon_Dioxide_400kyr.png

The way I interpret that graph is that every 100,000 years or so the CO2 level increases and we have an ice age. If I were to look at the increase in CO2 levels in the last few years according to the chart I would expect another Ice age only colder. This would place it right on time with that 100,000 year cycle.

The problem with geologic time is reliability. First hand knowledge is always better than extrapolation of data. Ice cores are not the most reliable information. What may have been true in one area may not be reliable 1000 miles away.

The East Coast ice sheet of Antarctica has increase in depth while the West Coast has not gained. My theory is since there are lakes under the Antarctic ice and the surface temperature is always at a minus temperature volcanic action is providing the heat. There is active volcano's in the region.

What we don't know about Climate is obvious. What we think we know is dubious. It's only been sixty years since the Jet Stream was discovered. By accident.

Snow and ice layers are laid down unevenly at different altitudes.
The Greenland Icecap gained 300' over the planes mentioned below in a 50 year period.

Glacier Girl - The Lost Squadron (Recovery of a P-38 from beneath a Greenland ice cap)
Exhuming the Glacier Girl • Damn Interesting

Sorry about the ramblings but after awhile anything about Climate change is nothing more than rambling.

/ Global Warming? #533  
New mechanism of past global warming? Thawing permafrost 50 million years ago led to global warming events

Posted: 04 Apr 2012 10:38 AM PDT

Climate scientists have proposed a simple new mechanism to explain the source of carbon that fed a series of extreme warming events about 55 million years ago, the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum, and a sequence of similar, smaller warming events afterward.

New mechanism of past global warming? Thawing permafrost 50 million years ago led to global warming events

The following does not relate to the foregoing but is a comment on much said here.

Taken sufficiently out of context you can imply most anything from any source. Take for an example some Bible guotes (if not stated exactly I'm close.... been a while since I read those passages.

"...Judas Iscariot went straightway and hanged himself", "do ye therefore likewise" "what you do, do in haste."

It's scriptural... from the Bible, it must be a valid idea.

etation cover affects the speed of snowmelt in tundra regions

Posted: 04 Apr 2012 07:22 AM PDT

Climate change has increased vegetation in Arctic tundra regions. According to a recent study, the increase in vegetation in tundra regions may further accelerate global warming.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #534  
Short Game 1 question. How many degrees of temperature rise does that chart translate to?

Well, it doesn't tell us that, does it? It only correlates to the rise in temperatures we are seeing in the present and those rises over recently past decades. We can make of it what we will.

I posted it to compare our current PPM spike of CO2 to the earlier peaks shown in the ice cores. The word, "unprecedented" comes to mind.

/ Global Warming? #537  
Wow
I'm a new member and I am a conservative from Utah, no I'm not a Mormon and no I do not have 10 wifes. Lol I try to understand all views of this particular subject but I look at some of the responses and have to laugh. Some of the al gore lovers are almost comical on how hard of a line they have drawn on this highly controversial subject. You can almost feel the anger in your posts, and it makes really no sense. Even after a lot of emails from so called scientists were discovered saying that they had more or less skewed the facts to fit the political agenda, you people still turn a deaf ear. All that is on your mind is regulate, strangulate, and kill all hope of the American dream. So called global warming is a tool for the higher powers to use to gain more control and to tell the American public to do what they say because we the people are to stupid to no any better. Only they are responsible enough and smart enough to tell you what car to drive, what food to eat (because remember cows put out to much methane). Etc etc etc etc. Thats why I'm glad I live in Utah, cuz we might be a little backwards here, but I don't have to listen too to many people that are just plain ("angry") also were 5000 feet above sea level so we have a bit before we have to worry about it. I like to fish to so wouldn't that be crazy fishing for tuna on the Wasatch front. Sorry if that offends anybody, it wasn't meant to. Just remember you can always trust al gore, cuz god knows he's sain. Lol nic

/ Global Warming? #538  

Posted: 04 Apr 2012 10:38 AM PDT

Climate scientists have proposed a simple new mechanism to explain the source of carbon that fed a series of extreme warming events about 55 million years ago, the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum, and a sequence of similar, smaller warming events afterward.

The following does not relate to the foregoing but is a comment on much said here.

Taken sufficiently out of context you can imply most anything from any source. Take for an example some Bible guotes (if not stated exactly I'm close.... been a while since I read those passages.

"...Judas Iscariot went straightway and hanged himself", "do ye therefore likewise" "what you do, do in haste."

It's scriptural... from the Bible, it must be a valid idea.

etation cover affects the speed of snowmelt in tundra regions

Posted: 04 Apr 2012 07:22 AM PDT

Climate change has increased vegetation in Arctic tundra regions. According to a recent study, the increase in vegetation in tundra regions may further accelerate global warming.

Pat

Which came first the "Chicken or the Egg"? You have to have heat to melt the Permafrost.
I do like the hypotheses that global tilt is a factor. One hypotheses is that the Antarctic gets heavy enough by accumulation of snow and ice to affect the global tilt.

/ Global Warming? #539  
Nicb7800 said:
Wow
I'm a new member and I am a conservative from Utah, no I'm not a Mormon and no I do not have 10 wifes. Lol I try to understand all views of this particular subject but I look at some of the responses and have to laugh. Some of the al gore lovers are almost comical on how hard of a line they have drawn on this highly controversial subject. You can almost feel the anger in your posts, and it makes really no sense. Even after a lot of emails from so called scientists were discovered saying that they had more or less skewed the facts to fit the political agenda, you people still turn a deaf ear. All that is on your mind is regulate, strangulate, and kill all hope of the American dream. So called global warming is a tool for the higher powers to use to gain more control and to tell the American public to do what they say because we the people are to stupid to no any better. Only they are responsible enough and smart enough to tell you what car to drive, what food to eat (because remember cows put out to much methane). Etc etc etc etc. Thats why I'm glad I live in Utah, cuz we might be a little backwards here, but I don't have to listen too to many people that are just plain ("angry") also were 5000 feet above sea level so we have a bit before we have to worry about it. I like to fish to so wouldn't that be crazy fishing for tuna on the Wasatch front. Sorry if that offends anybody, it wasn't meant to. Just remember you can always trust al gore, cuz god knows he's sain. Lol nic

Diverse opinions are always welcome on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.