Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #541  
Hi

Wow
Even after a lot of emails from so called scientists were discovered saying that they had more or less skewed the facts to fit the political agenda, you people still turn a deaf ear.

The above "ClimateGate" emails were examined by the Uni of East Anglia, lots of other international research groups, the U.S. National Research Council and many many journalists. The scientists were not "skewing the facts". This so called Climate Gate is still being peddled by climate change skeptics.
A quick link: Climategate 2.0: Do new emails undermine global warming science? - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post

One can argue and argue technical points but many people still get their "evidence" for belief from radio shock jocks, newspapers and TV which give a "balanced opinion". This is something that journos and media people have been taught to do - show both sides of a story. Unfortunately that means that folks that don't have access or time or ability to understand the complex, technical issues get misled into thinking that there are two sides and two valid views. Some stories though only have one side which is correct (astrology, homeopathy, murder, genocide). Unfortunately some topics are tied in with political and social implications. There are still people who do not believe that smoking vastly increases your risk of lung cancer or that basic healthcare should be within reach of everyone.

Climate change is occurring. It's occurring faster than predicted. The CO2 increase is irrefutable. All current climate models predict a major problem for us all. Wake up dodos :)

Mike

Last edited:
   / Global Warming? #542  
Climate change is occurring. It's occurring faster than predicted. The CO2 increase is irrefutable. All current climate models predict a major problem for us all. Wake up dodos :)

Mike

You forgot to mention the folks clinging to the flat earth theory.

Satellite observes rapid ice shelf disintegration in Antarctic

Posted: 05 Apr 2012 04:51 AM PDT

As ESA痴 Envisat satellite continues to observe the rapid retreat of one of Antarctica痴 ice shelves due to climate warming. One of the satellite痴 first observations following its launch on 1 March 2002 was of break-up of a main section of the Larsen B ice shelf in Antarctica when 3200 sq km of ice disintegrated within a few days due to mechanical instabilities of the ice masses triggered by climate warming.

Rising CO<sub>2</sub> levels linked to global warming during last deglaciation

Posted: 04 Apr 2012 10:37 AM PDT

Many scientists have long suspected that rising levels of carbon dioxide and the global warming that ended the last Ice Age were somehow linked, but establishing a clear cause-and-effect relationship between CO2 and global warming from the geologic record has remained difficult. A new study identifies this relationship and provides compelling evidence that rising CO2 caused much of the global warming.

Complete text of news at ScienceDaily.

If there is something going on that will cause disruption of your money making system one way to defuse the situation is to cause sufficient confusion in the minds of the masses such that there is no clear mandate to change anything that would harm your bottom line.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #544  
Wow
I'm a new member and I am a conservative from Utah, no I'm not a Mormon and no I do not have 10 wifes. Lol I try to understand all views of this particular subject but I look at some of the responses and have to laugh. Some of the al gore lovers are almost comical on how hard of a line they have drawn on this highly controversial subject. You can almost feel the anger in your posts, and it makes really no sense. Even after a lot of emails from so called scientists were discovered saying that they had more or less skewed the facts to fit the political agenda, you people still turn a deaf ear. All that is on your mind is regulate, strangulate, and kill all hope of the American dream. So called global warming is a tool for the higher powers to use to gain more control and to tell the American public to do what they say because we the people are to stupid to no any better. Only they are responsible enough and smart enough to tell you what car to drive, what food to eat (because remember cows put out to much methane). Etc etc etc etc. Thats why I'm glad I live in Utah, cuz we might be a little backwards here, but I don't have to listen too to many people that are just plain ("angry") also were 5000 feet above sea level so we have a bit before we have to worry about it. I like to fish to so wouldn't that be crazy fishing for tuna on the Wasatch front. Sorry if that offends anybody, it wasn't meant to. Just remember you can always trust al gore, cuz god knows he's sain. Lol nic

Diverse opinions are always welcome on this forum.
...... However; simplistic judgmentals, only by some.
larry

/ Global Warming? #546  
And it's a hard, and it's a hard,
it's a hard, and it's a hard,
and it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Not that I know anything much about the subject, but any bits of space stuff traveling with quantities of H2O would have it boiled off at the top of the atmosphere, and therefore it would be hard to know just how much would be added to earth.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled pig-wrestle.

/ Global Warming? #547  
And it's a hard, and it's a hard,
it's a hard, and it's a hard,
and it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Not that I know anything much about the subject, but any bits of space stuff traveling with quantities of H2O would have it boiled off at the top of the atmosphere, and therefore it would be hard to know just how much would be added to earth.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled pig-wrestle.

Exceptin' comets which are theorized as having supplied most of our water. They didn't all boil away getting down to earth. Oh, they ain't a scheduled they just pop up impromptu sorta whenever some challenger wants to give it a whorl.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #548  
Maybe back when the earth didn't have an atmosphere. Straight ride all the way!:):confused:

/ Global Warming? #549  
Hi

The above "ClimateGate" emails were examined by the Ini of East Anglia, lots of other international research groups, the U.S. National Research Council and many many journalists. The scientists were not "skewing the facts". This so called Climate Gate is still being peddled by climate change skeptics.
A quick link: Climategate 2.0: Do new emails undermine global warming science? - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post

One can argue and argue technical points but many people still get their "evidence" for belief from radio shock jocks, newspapers and TV which give a "balanced opinion". This is something that journos and media people have been taught to do - show both sides of a story. Unfortunately that means that folks that don't have access or time or ability to understand the complex, technical issues get misled into thinking that there are two sides and two valid views. Some stories though only have one side which is correct (astrology, homeopathy, murder, genocide). Unfortunately some topics are tied in with political and social implications. There are still people who do not believe that smoking vastly increases your risk of lung cancer or that basic healthcare should be within reach of everyone.

Mike

Mike,

Thank for your opinion I have to strongly disagree, but hey we can't agree on everything right, and if we did then we would all be walking instead of driving and eating field grass instead of my favorite steak. Lol Whether it is or not I just hope that "I guess" the majority "stupid" people or dodos as you would put it like me and majority of the people on the planet think alike. I do agree that maybe and I mean maybe we might make a fraction of a difference as far as climate change. I think that the majority of people are smart enough to realize that we are a drop in the bucket. The earth will do what it will and we are along only for the ride. Sorry to burst a bubble I just kind of think the same people that truly believe that global warming is our biggest problem, are the same people that think cap and trade is a good idea, or ***** is a good president, or if guns are outlawed there will not be any shootings. I really do look at all of this in absolute amazement, and simply wonder how out of touch and crazy some people have gotten. So extreme in some views that it is hard to draw a line between right and wrong. Thank nic

/ Global Warming? #550  
Hi all

Hi Nicb7800. You wrote ... ""I guess" the majority "stupid" people or dodos as you would put it like me".
I don't think climate change skeptics or deniers are stupid. That's why I used "dodos", the context being that they stick their heads in the sand and like to think all is fine. There are many smart people that deny climate change.

and you said "... we are a drop in the bucket. The earth will do what it will and we are along only for the ride."

We live in a rather special century - the first century where human population and human activities such as deforestation, agriculture and industrialisation have become large enough to apparently alter the planet's climate on a global scale. The next few decades may be a deciding factor in how our children and grand children live.

Either way Nic, we will know in the next 20 years. If we take action and 2,500 scientists and ecology experts got it wrong then we will have had a slightly lower global GDP than we could have had, if we ignore them then 20 years later will be too late to act. We will have lower food production with more people and more extreme and unstable weather. We should consider the "precautionary principal".

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.