Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #551  
I remember 40 years ago over-population was going to cause widespread famine. People said it wouldn't happen because we had massive oceans filled with fish. Of course we overfished the oceans and the green revolution saved us from famine (for now.)

Last edited:
   / Global Warming? #552  
Yes the Climate is changing. Again. It will always change. The amount of increased change man caused is undecided.
The Jet Stream, La Nina (Cooling), and El Nino (Warming) have only been studied in recent geologic time. La Nina and El Nino can be traced with historical accuracy by the cyclic affect on human history. The Jet Stream wasn't even known till WWII.

To say that satellites have determined the thinning of the Antarctic Ice Shelf is at best a shortsighted effort at interpretation of data from a short range of time. Satellite information is still interpreted by people. Temperature and other data recorded by satellite are not direct readings. A hundred years of information is not enough to determine what is normal or abnormal in the Arctic.
Sometimes you have to Wiki.
Satellite temperature measurements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The best thing that people can do with the climate is learn to live with and not try to change it. All it will take to upset the worlds climate is one good Volcanic eruption to create a cooling trend.

/ Global Warming? #553  
I remember 40 years ago over population was going to cause widespread famine. People said it wouldn't happen because we had massive oceans filled with fish. Of course we overfished the oceans and the green revolution saved us from famine (for now.)

Futurism-Got-Corn-graph-631-thumb.jpg

Recent research supports the conclusions of a controversial environmental study released 40 years ago: The world is on track for disaster. So says Australian physicist Graham Turner, who revisited perhaps the most groundbreaking academic work of the 1970s,The Limits to Growth.

Turner compared real-world data from 1970 to 2000 with the business-as-usual scenario. He found the predictions nearly matched the facts. "There is a very clear warning bell being rung here," he says. "We are not on a sustainable trajectory."

/ Global Warming? #554  
How arrogant for anyone to predict Gullibal Warming with facts derived from less than 150 years.

Do the math gullibal scarists. the Earth is 4.54 ア 0.05 billion years. Collected weather data doesn't even amount to a single blink of the eye in the Earth Time line.

So why don't we all determine things by the equivalent of a blink of the eye.

Let's see a Doctor can diagnose you in the blink of an eye? Decide if you want to marry your girl in the blink of an eye. Make tractor decisions in the blink of an eye.

No certainly you wouldn't. But Gore has the entire planet riled up with FAKE data collected in the blink of the eye line Earth time line.

Oh and lookie here, another small fact that Gullible warming Nuts forget to look at, WE ARE STILL HERE after 4.54 ア 0.05 billion years.

Oh and don't try the carbon thing, because Volcanoes for over 4.54 ア 0.05 billion years have produced more pollutants than every combustible engine ever made.

/ Global Warming? #555  
Oh and lookie here, another small fact that Gullible warming Nuts forget to look at, WE ARE STILL HERE after 4.54 ア 0.05 billion years.

We've been here that long!:cool:;)

/ Global Warming? #556  
Hi all

Do the math gullibal scarists. the Earth is 4.54 ア 0.05 billion years. Collected weather data doesn't even amount to a single blink of the eye in the Earth Time line.
Oh and don't try the carbon thing, because Volcanoes for over 4.54 ア 0.05 billion years have produced more pollutants than every combustible engine ever made.

Collected weather data also includes ice cores. We now have accurate temperature data for over 400,000 years from Antaractica. Your comparisons are illogical and silly. Your doing invalid extrapolations.

/ Global Warming? #557  
We've been here that long!:cool:;)

I got here late. Did I miss anything?

Which plants will survive droughts, climate change?

Posted: 06 Apr 2012 11:18 AM PDT

Biologists aim to predict which plant species will escape extinction from climate change. Droughts are worsening around the world, which poses a great challenge to plants in gardens and forests. Scientists have debated for more than a century how to predict which species are most vulnerable.
Impact of warming climate doesn't always translate to streamflow

Posted: 06 Apr 2012 11:17 AM PDT

An analysis of 35 headwater basins in the United States and Canada found that the impact of warmer air temperatures on streamflow rates was less than expected in many locations, suggesting that some ecosystems may be resilient to certain aspects of climate change.

"Oh and lookie here, another small fact that Gullible warming Nuts forget to look at, WE ARE STILL HERE after 4.54 ア 0.05 billion years. "

Does this remind anyone about the guy who fell from a 40 story building and was heard to boast as he passed the 20th floor, "So far so good!"

Last edited:
   / Global Warming? #558  
Hi all

Collected weather data also includes ice cores. We now have accurate temperature data for over 400,000 years from Antaractica. Your comparisons are illogical and silly. Your doing invalid extrapolations.

How nice that there are some who notice this. Alas, it will be flushed to the wayside in the great omnipresent current of exaggeration and erroneous extrapolation.
larry

/ Global Warming? #559  
Guys,guys,guys:laughing:
I did learn along time ago there are a couple of things that you do not argue about,religion,politics, and now global warming. Because after its all said and done I still think its hoky. I also no that some other people still feel very strongly about it. Just remember this ,be glad you live in a place were you can actually have a discussion over something as controversial as this subject, and not have to worry about being hung because someone that thinks they are important,does not like what your saying. So until there is some hard evidence and I mean something I can see!!!!! Then stubborn people like me will just sit on the sideline and watch the water rise. I live buy a old saying my grandpa taught me years ago. " don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see". maybe it might give you some peace to think about those couple of lines. Thank again and have a great day,a Nic

/ Global Warming? #560  
Cat_Driver said:
How arrogant for anyone to predict Gullibal Warming with facts derived from less than 150 years.

So why don't we all determine things by the equivalent of a blink of the eye.

Let's see a Doctor can diagnose you in the blink of an eye? Decide if you want to marry your girl in the blink of an eye. Make tractor decisions in the blink of an eye.

No certainly you wouldn't. But Gore has the entire planet riled up with FAKE data collected in the blink of the eye line Earth time line.

In the blink of an eye a bullet can pass through your brain. It doesn't take long to wipe out a species including man. But let's not look behind the curtain and keep denying science.

Status
Not open for further replies.