Page 7 of 312 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast
    Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

Default Re: Global Warming?

Quote Originally Posted by CRJCaptain
    So, can't we just go back to talking about tractors and the weather?
    I thought we WERE talking about the weather!

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho8
    I thought we WERE talking about the weather!
    Wow what a thread.....I like it !!
    Heck, the other day I posted something about on the thread about advantages and disadvantage of 4wd and it was deleted faster than you can say " global warming" . And it was not even derogatory or pointed...

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

Here is a link to scientific information debunking global warming, and greenhouse gases. Global Warming Lecture - Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine
    Global Warming Lecture - Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2410

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPup
    What happened to all the terrible powerful hurricanes that were all predicted to make landfall and wreck havoc in the USA this year on the dire account and warning from all the global warming folks?

Media advertising and insurance are big money makers. The media loves doom and gloom predictions backed up by a “doctor” for “credibility” (or pass the buck). You living in Fl probably know the “Dr.” I’m referencing. His predictions have been absolutely wrong for years but when it’s obvious his predictions won’t come true he is allowed to adjust his numbers up or down and everyone (those who make money through viewership and ad sales and insurance premiums) praise his accuracy and quote him. I get so angry when I hear weather forecasters quote predicted storm numbers for the upcoming season based on “The Dr.” Amazing for how accurate they like to claim he is they totally missed this years El Nino and wind shear that blew the hurricanes away from Fl.

I fearlessly predict 2006 will have no Florida landfalling hurricanes. Whew, I’m 100% accurate, soon I’ll be quoted on every weather channel!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunnerinwv
    Heck, the other day I posted something about on the thread about advantages and disadvantage of 4wd and it was deleted faster than you can say " global warming" . And it was not even derogatory or pointed...
    Which one of your posts in the 4wd thread are you claiming was deleted, this one?

Tractor
    Push mower, Snapper 21" 6 shovels, 2 rakes, a pick, 2 pinch bars, a post hole digger (two handle type) and 2 wheel barrows that handle like a Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA
    Which one of your posts in the 4wd thread are you claiming was deleted, this one?
    Good one Mike. I have on occasion posted and thought the thread deleted only to find it elsewhere in TBN. I suspect this was the case with ridgerunner

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar

Quote Originally Posted by CRJCaptain
    As for the question "How does a scientist know anything?"
    That was NOT my question. My question [How does any scientist know what the blazes things were like thousands of years ago?] was far more specific, and my question neither stated nor implied that scientists can not know "anything". One can demonstrate various principles of aerodynamics in today's world...they are not postulates based on theory and a presumed atmospheric composition based on an ice sample. There is a vast difference between that which can be demonstrated by experiment today and that which is postulated on evidence about which many assumptions are made. It is simply not possible to "know" in the empirical sense what the impact of 650,000 years would be on an ice core sample....the result is a postulate based on the current data and theory. This is the point I was intending to make....I am not in denial of those things that can be clearly demonstrated.

Tractor
    Push mower, Snapper 21" 6 shovels, 2 rakes, a pick, 2 pinch bars, a post hole digger (two handle type) and 2 wheel barrows that handle like a Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by LMTC
    That was NOT my question. My question [How does any scientist know what the blazes things were like thousands of years ago?] was far more specific, and my question neither stated nor implied that scientists can not know "anything". One can demonstrate various principles of aerodynamics in today's world...they are not postulates based on theory and a presumed atmospheric composition based on an ice sample. There is a vast difference between that which can be demonstrated by experiment today and that which is postulated on evidence about which many assumptions are made. It is simply not possible to "know" in the empirical sense what the impact of 650,000 years would be on an ice core sample....the result is a postulate based on the current data and theory. This is the point I was intending to make....I am not in denial of those things that can be clearly demonstrated.
    You guys both make very good points. I've enjoyed reading yours and CRJCaptain.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA
    Nope not that one,another one same thread.

Quote Originally Posted by _RaT_
    Good one Mike. I have on occasion posted and thought the thread deleted only to find it elsewhere in TBN. I suspect this was the case with ridgerunner
    Good one? I don't thinks so. I might have thought it was entered and it did not save it,in retropspect it was a mute point anyway.

Page 7 of 312 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast