Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #81  
CurlyDave said:
I suspect none of you have ever been published in any peer-reviewed journals like Nature or Science or the International Journal of Modern Physics.

You suspect wrongly. You will find some surprising people here on TBN.

I have published in peer-reviewed journals, and I have 20 US Patents.

I design and build spacecraft for a living, including solar observation spacecraft.

And, I know better than to denigrate the accomlishments of others on this forum. I learn a lot of very practical things here.

Well said. I admire anyone who does what they do well, with enthusiasm. Sometimes it's best to read and not respond if you don't agree. How's the saying go--"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

/ Global Warming? #82  
I think the Global Warming has to do with the center of the Earth be composed of billions and billions of tons of high temperature liquid iron. There has got to be a way to cool that all down, maybe tap into it and use volcanoes?

/ Global Warming? #83  
Any project of that Magnitude will require a name!:D

I suggest:

"Tapping The Ring Of Fire"

:D

/ Global Warming? #84  
BURN BURN BURN - The Ring of Fire.....

How about diverting seawater from the oceans into the center of the Earth and then using all the steam for power generation and the distilled water for potable water and irrigating the deserts for agriculture?

/ Global Warming? #85  
Johny Cash::D

As I understand it in some places vertical wells are being employed to enable the use of heat pumps.:)

/ Global Warming? #87  
cp1969 said:
From post #60, CRJCaptain

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would seem you have bought into the Man Caused Global Warming theory and think action should be taken to minimize or arrest the damage being caused.

Is that right? If so, I would like to ask a question.

When will you be looking for a different line of work (I assume you are a pilot), i.e., one that is a little more environmentally friendly? It would seem one's convictions would dictate that.

No, I haven't bought into any theories yet...I don't think anyone has the answers as to what the impact will be long term. Some scientists who study the issue from a global carbon budget angle actually speculate that there is a carbon "sink", or an as yet unidentified mechanism by which the CO2 is being removed from the atmosphere. The ocean is one possible candidate for this sink.

Carbon cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I am a pilot. I will continue to be one until people stop buying tickets or the airline that employs me ceases operation. Seeing whereas I currently work for an airline that is bankrupt, this could happen at any time! :)

/ Global Warming? #88  
Good luck. I lost my job in the great airline bankrupcty of '91 that took down Pan Am, Midway, Braniff and Eastern.

/ Global Warming? #89  
CurlyDave said:
I suspect none of you have ever been published in any peer-reviewed journals like Nature or Science or the International Journal of Modern Physics.

You suspect wrongly. You will find some surprising people here on TBN.

I have published in peer-reviewed journals, and I have 20 US Patents.

I design and build spacecraft for a living, including solar observation spacecraft.

And, I know better than to denigrate the accomlishments of others on this forum. I learn a lot of very practical things here.

I guess the intent of my original post was lost, and perhaps not well written...My point was not to call into question the collective intelligence of the TBN community, nor to denigrate anyone...I find a lot of knowledgable folks on TBN and hang out here for that reason. I was trying to express that the whole global warming issue tends to get clouded in emotion and politics, and that if I am going to be persuaded by any argument, I prefer a reference to a peer reviewed journal versus a quote by someone in talk radio or politics.

Having a solid grounding in science yourself, you can surely understand my preference for an unbiased and skeptical scientific method...

Cheers

/ Global Warming? #90  
I don't understand why they call it "global" warming. The earth is flat;).

Status
Not open for further replies.