Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #891  
I plan to use solar heating for the shop regardless of incentives. When people ask me how can I justify it I ask how big is your wife's diamond. When I look in our office many if not most women have pretty nice diamond. I mean like 15K and up. Or just look at parking lot. How much people spend for cars?

/ Global Warming? #892  
You did not answer the question either. Amusing?

I answered the question. The answer is, "It depends." Since you are so easily amused by questions, answer this one. Just a yes or a no, do not quibble, equivocate, or hedge.

Have you stopped beating your wife in public?

Pat ;) ;)

/ Global Warming? #893  
I plan to use solar heating for the shop regardless of incentives. When people ask me how can I justify it I ask how big is your wife's diamond. When I look in our office many if not most women have pretty nice diamond. I mean like 15K and up. Or just look at parking lot. How much people spend for cars?

Lucky for you we still have a few personal freedoms left and you can heat your shop with solar if you want. Don't waste your time listening to folks who commute 50-100 miles or more a day in a "tank with rubber tires" who will gladly tell you to do as they say not as they do.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #894  
I do a lot of jobs for Oil&Gas. Pretty much every large engineering company involved on such projects has research or system ready to be build and deployed for CO2 removal and storage. Most systems are compressor based liquefaction and underground re-injection. That tells me that CO2 percentage increase in air is perceived as future problem. There is money to be made.

/ Global Warming? #895  
Rob D.
You take yourself far to seriously and it is clear that you know more than anyone else on this forum. At least in you tiny mind. Get off your high horse, just because facts or figures don't agree with you, does not make them wrong.

Your big deal Self Contained electric plant is going to take more than 1 person just to keep it all working. Lie to me and everyone else if you like about how great it is. Quite frankly I will bet that if you look at it in a realistic light, it is 1 big pain in the Butt.

So nice that other folks, as in Tax payers paid for 30% of it for you. Glad to help you out. Since you are saving so much money and maybe sell some of your excess power to the power co. Pay Back that 30%, you can afford it.

Like most loons, you rant & rave about conspiracy.s by Big Oil, Fox news and most anyone that does not fit into Your Little Mold on how to live life and Save The Planet.

Don't worry about all the Lead & Acid in all your batteries, none of that hurts the environment.

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME!

Everyone who has kids is subsidized by the government. They get a tax break, single people don't get. Having 5 kids doesn't help anyone, the world isn't a better place for it but we all pay for that, don't we. Alternate energy helps people.

If someone spends 24k on a system they get 8k back, it still cost them 16k and like Ladia, I would do it ,and did do it, when there was no incentive. I saw high fuel prices coming years ago and did something about it, I hear people asking how they are going to pay for next years heat while they're buying new SUV's.

The planet is in trouble, pollution from coal, the major electricity producer in this country, has turned the oceans acidic, caused acid rain, dumped ,mercury and arsenic, etc. into the environment. We all pay for that with sickness and fish that have so much chlorinated hydrocarbons in them that doctors say don't eat too much tuna because of the mercury.

Effects of Acid Rain - Surface Waters and Aquatic Animals | Acid Rain | Clean Air Markets | US EPA

"Many lakes and streams examined in a National Surface Water Survey (NSWS) suffer from chronic acidity, a condition in which water has a constant low pH level. The survey investigated the effects of acidic deposition in over 1,000 lakes larger than 10 acres and in thousands of miles of streams believed to be sensitive to acidification. Of the lakes and streams surveyed, acid rain caused acidity in 75 percent of the acidic lakes and about 50 percent of the acidic streams. Several regions in the U.S. were identified as containing many of the surface waters sensitive to acidification. They include the Adirondacks and Catskill Mountains in New York state, the mid-Appalachian highlands along the east coast, the upper Midwest, and mountainous areas of the Western United States. In areas like the Northeastern United States, where soil-buffering capacity is poor, some lakes now have a pH value of less than 5. One of the most acidic lakes reported is Little Echo Pond in Franklin, New York. Little Echo Pond has a pH of 4.2."

It's not about me, Al Gore or anyone else, it's the environment, the environment that future generations NEED to survive!

I'm glad you know so much about Lead/ acid batteries but you're wrong.

Battery Recycling

"Lead-acid batteries are the environmental success story of our time. More than 97 percent of all battery lead is recycled. Compared to 55% of aluminum soft drink and beer cans, 45% of newspapers, 26% of glass bottles and 26% of tires, lead-acid batteries top the list of the most highly recycled consumer product."[/I]

Let's blame Rob for getting 30% back on his PV array, good idea!
I'm blaming you for the planet my family will inherit because you won't conserve energy.

Rob

Ps:
Little Echo Pond in Franklin NY is about 10 miles from my land, why should I pay because people don't want to conserve? Don't wantto force the energy companies and their lobbies from scrubbing coal stacks?

/ Global Warming? #896  
Rob D.
You take yourself far to seriously and it is clear that you know more than anyone else on this forum. At least in you tiny mind. Get off your high horse, just because facts or figures don't agree with you, does not make them wrong.

Your big deal Self Contained electric plant is going to take more than 1 person just to keep it all working. Lie to me and everyone else if you like about how great it is. Quite frankly I will bet that if you look at it in a realistic light, it is 1 big pain in the Butt.

So nice that other folks, as in Tax payers paid for 30% of it for you. Glad to help you out. Since you are saving so much money and maybe sell some of your excess power to the power co. Pay Back that 30%, you can afford it.

Like most loons, you rant & rave about conspiracy.s by Big Oil, Fox news and most anyone that does not fit into Your Little Mold on how to live life and Save The Planet.

Don't worry about all the Lead & Acid in all your batteries, none of that hurts the environment.

+1

You can't talk any real facts to these people, they have made this their religion. They want us to stop oil, gas, and coal production for pie in the sky alternative energy that doesn't exist and risk all our future lives, so they can see you live like them. They want you to believe the sky is falling so follow me, anyone familiar with 10-80-10. I see these people as the 10% that do the exact wrong thing in a crises and make it worse not better. The crises is invented but they fell for it. They have a long record stretching back to the 1960's. We know allot about physics and chemistry now, enough to know that a solar panel will not do the job, move on, if you want to pay for 25 years of electric power up front go ahead, leave me and 350 million Americans alone we will use gas, diesel, oil, coal, hydro, nuke, the things that work for another 1000 years, live longer better more healthy lives. All the things fossil fuels have brought us, life is good. It's free markets and capitalism that has made us rich enough to tackle environmental problems. Poor countries are the polluters, those who have to pick between eating tonight or not don't worry about their environment.

HS

Last edited:
   / Global Warming? #897  
+1

You can't talk any real facts to these people, they have made this their religion. They want us to stop oil, gas, and coal production for pie in the sky alternative energy that doesn't exist and risk all our future lives, so they can see you live like them. They want you to believe the sky is falling so follow me, anyone familiar with 10-80-10. I see these people as the 10% that do the exact wrong thing in a crises and make it worse not better. The crises is invented but they fell for it. They have a long record stretching back to the 1960's. We know allot about physics and chemistry now, enough to know that a solar panel will not do the job, move on, if you want to pay for 25 years of electric power up front go ahead, leave me and 350 million Americans alone we will use gas, diesel, oil, coal, hydro, nuke, the things that work for another 1000 years, live longer better more healthy lives. All the things fossil fuels have brought us, life is good. It's free markets and capitalism that has made us rich enough to tackle environmental problems. Poor countries are the polluters, those who have to pick between eating tonight or not don't worry about their environment.

HS

What facts? You didn't give us any facts, you gave us your opinion. PV doesn't work? How do you know, you don't know anything about it, only what you heard from some talk show host who couldn't find a cross in church if the Pope was holding his hand and a light from God was radiating through the stained glass.

Poor countries aren't the polluters!

Which country is the world's biggest polluter? | Pollution articles

"U.S. is currently the second biggest polluter in the world, but you also need to know that China has much more people compared to U.S. so if we look at the pollution per capita then US still leads the way as the world's largest polluter. Coal still generates around 50% of US electricity, and US transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy is anything but fast.

These two countries are the largest polluters in the world followed by Russia, India, and Japan.
"

Rob

/ Global Warming? #898  
What facts? You didn't give us any facts, you gave us your opinion. PV doesn't work? How do you know, you don't know anything about it, only what you heard from some talk show host who couldn't find a cross in church if the Pope was holding his hand and a light from God was radiating through the stained glass.

Poor countries aren't the polluters!

Which country is the world's biggest polluter? | Pollution articles

"U.S. is currently the second biggest polluter in the world if , but you also need to know that China has much more people compared to U.S. so if we look at the pollution per capita then US still leads the way as the world's largest polluter. Coal still generates around 50% of US electricity, and US transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy is anything but fast.

These two countries are the largest polluters in the world followed by Russia, India, and Japan.
"

Rob

Go read your own article. USA is number two polluter just over taken by China only measuring CO2 and then having to convert the number to a per capita comparison, how convent and distorted. Anyway your article only measures CO2, which I don't consider a pollutant. USA is one of the cleanest and safest places to work and live in the world. Get real. No one believes your so called facts written by idiots. It's like the UN and Iran investigating USA for human rights violation right after they behead someone for converting to christianity, get real. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a place like India, China, or Russia if you were worried about pollution. Those places are truly polluted, whole industries exist that couldn't happen in the USA. Check out the NGC special about ship breakers and you will begin to see how absurd you sound. Not sure just how smart you think you are but your arguments are laughable.

HS

/ Global Warming? #899  
Go read your own article. USA is number two polluter just over taken by China only measuring CO2 and then having to convert the number to a per capita comparison, how convent and distorted. Anyway your article only measures CO2, which I don't consider a pollutant. USA is one of the cleanest and safest places to work and live in the world. Get real. No one believes your so called facts written by idiots. It's like the UN and Iran investigating USA for human rights violation right after they behead someone for converting to christianity, get real. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a place like India, China, or Russia if you were worried about pollution. Those places are truly polluted, whole industries exist that couldn't happen in the USA. Check out the NGC special about ship breakers and you will begin to see how absurd you sound. Not sure just how smart you think you are but your arguments are laughable.

HS

The Greenies & Warmies don't or will not look at all the facts or story. Always pick out just the part they like and that's it. They seem to think if the pollution is happening some where else (because of what they are doing) it does not count.

I posted several links to look at, if they even looked or responded everything was taken out of context.

Phony's are phony's and Expert Phony's are the worst.

Rob D did not say anything about what it takes to keep his mess of "Clean" energy working. If he has everything he says, he's busier than a 1 legged man in a but kicking contest.

Those wonderful Wind Farms in S Cal. were lucky to keep 75% of the mills working. Most of the time it was more like about 1/2. That was when they were fairly new.

/ Global Warming? #900  
I wish Al Gore would announce soap and all phosphates are a toxin. Then one could, as was in the 60s, smell leftists coming and just ignore them as best one could.

Telling them Al Gore is a profiteer of the global warming lie is like telling them God doesn't exist. They've made their own deities and want you to worship with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.