Page 91 of 312 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4100

HS and Crash may live long enough for the earth to prove how fuelish they are. Until then they can bury their heads in coal and crude. Some people enjoy sending money to Middle East despots (after Big Oil gets its cut.)

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Default Re: Global Warming?

This is what I mean when I say they are part of the 10% who do the exact wrong thing.

Wind farms can cause climate change, finds new study - Telegraph

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...308399048.html

These people shouldn't be able to get near energy policy.

HS

Quote Originally Posted by houstonscott View Post
    This is what I mean when I say they are part of the 10% who do the exact wrong thing.

HS

Why???
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

Robert Bryce: Windmills Are Killing Our Birds - WSJ.com

HS
    That is total BS. It has nothing to do with climate or dead birds. Cars moving on road do the same thing. In fact the air downstream of the turbines is cooler because the turbine removes some of the energy from the moving air mass.

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Go read your own article. USA is number two polluter just over taken by China only measuring CO2 and then having to convert the number to a per capita comparison, how convent and distorted. Anyway your article only measures CO2, which I don't consider a pollutant. USA is one of the cleanest and safest places to work and live in the world. Get real. No one believes your so called facts written by idiots. It's like the UN and Iran investigating USA for human rights violation right after they behead someone for converting to christianity, get real. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a place like India, China, or Russia if you were worried about pollution. Those places are truly polluted, whole industries exist that couldn't happen in the USA. Check out the NGC special about ship breakers and you will begin to see how absurd you sound. Not sure just how smart you think you are but your arguments are laughable.

HS
    The US is the SECOND biggest polluter, you said pollution was from "POOR countries."

And where are your facts, show me that the US is the cleanest, safest country. You can't simply make statements and say my sources are bad you have to post links to support you position. Your opinion doesn't establish anything. You thought the US was the healthiest until I posted data that shows we're not even in the top ten!

Facts not opinions.

Rob

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by rsewill View Post
    HS and Crash may live long enough for the earth to prove how fuelish they are. Until then they can bury their heads in coal and crude. Some people enjoy sending money to Middle East despots (after Big Oil gets its cut.)
    All Hail the Great One
    That knows Almost Nothing about Almost Everything.
    3 Cheers for Being Wrong once again.
    One should keep his mouth Shut when He does Not Know what he is talking about.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    The Greenies & Warmies don't or will not look at all the facts or story. Always pick out just the part they like and that's it. They seem to think if the pollution is happening some where else (because of what they are doing) it does not count.

I posted several links to look at, if they even looked or responded everything was taken out of context.

Phony's are phony's and Expert Phony's are the worst.

Rob D did not say anything about what it takes to keep his mess of "Clean" energy working. If he has everything he says, he's busier than a 1 legged man in a but kicking contest.
    Completely wrong!

This shows how little you know about PV. The only thing I do is check my computer every couple of days to see how much energy I'm selling to the grid, my off grid system idles along and I check my batteries every month or two. That's it!

It's always the people without any PV or alternate energy that have these misinformed ideas. I could go away for a month and my systems would be fine.

What do you think, Nuclear and coal electricity producing plants don't require daily maintenance? Try to walk away from a coal plant for a month and tell me what happens.

Rob

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

One should keep his mouth Shut when He does Not Know what he is talking about.
    Now that's the pot calling the kettle black!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck in training View Post
    In fact the air downstream of the turbines is cooler because the turbine removes some of the energy from the moving air mass.
    The article below would suggest otherwise:

Wind farms may have warming effect - research | Reuters

I'm just waiting for the articles of faith for environmentalism to be completed.

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

The Greenies
    What's a greenie? Is that someone who thinks we should leave more to future generations than the WV coal slurries? Is that someone who thinks if we don't conserve we won't have land to grow healthy food and air to breath?

Maybe you might want to actually read about the conservation movement in this country that took place at the turn of the last century.

Look up a guy named Gifford Pinchot who was the head of the forest services under Teddy Roosevelt. Pinchot wasn't an environmentalist like Leopold he worked with industry and showed them that if they don't conserve resources they won't have an economy.

How long do you think we can keep blowing off the tops of mountains in WV and Ky before all we have is a leaking coal slurry? What will we have then? No coal and a devastated landscape. So what should we do?

We should use these resources to make alternative renewables that will sustain us when there is no coal. If we wait until we have nothing we won't have any energy or are one of those people who thinks we can keep using coal and oil at the rate we are forever?

Rob

Page 91 of 312 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191 ... LastLast