Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
Last year, it seemed that we almost had no winter; stayed warm and dry (drought conditions) all winter. Years like that will make you a believer in global warming, but then we have weather like the present; 81 degrees yesterday afternoon and 31 this morning.:eek: Just over 2" of rain since dark last night; the most rain I've seen from one spell in a long time, and I didn't empty my rain gauge because it's partially frozen.:(

/ Global Warming? #2  
Morning Bird.
Now that's gotta be shock to some of you folks down there...heck some of us are in shock of the balmy weather were getting up here in the northeast.

/ Global Warming? #3  
Bird, that storm is on it's way here!! Our local weather forecasters are in there little weatherman heaven reporting all the doom and gloom of this storm. It seems the worse it is, the more exited they get!!!

Steph says that is one of the kids say they want to be an meteoroligst, she'll beat it out of them. hahahahaha So far they have been dead wrong on just about everything that supposed to happen. Now I'm waiting around until 4pm when it's suppposed to drop twenty degrees.

I don't believe in man made global warming, nor do I think it's anything more than a way to make money for those makeing the warning. Global warming lobiest now spend more money than big oil. Al Gore has been proven wrong on just about everything he's predicted and stated as fact. He's not quite the joke of Jimmy Carter, but he's on his way. hahaha

Have you ever noticed that even as warm as it was last year and even this year that we never broke any record temps? All the high tempature records were set in the 30's give or take a decade. Same thing with hurricanes. Not one this year and all the records for those were in the 30's too.

Hope your staying warm and indoors today. I'm gonna finish up a few projects and hide from the weather. hahaha

Eddie

/ Global Warming? #4  
What happened to all the terrible powerful hurricanes that were all predicted to make landfall and wreck havoc in the USA this year on the dire account and warning from all the global warming folks?

/ Global Warming? #5  
EddieWalker said:
Bird, that storm is on it's way here!! Our local weather forecasters are in there little weatherman heaven reporting all the doom and gloom of this storm. It seems the worse it is, the more exited they get!!!

Steph says that is one of the kids say they want to be an meteoroligst, she'll beat it out of them. hahahahaha So far they have been dead wrong on just about everything that supposed to happen. Now I'm waiting around until 4pm when it's suppposed to drop twenty degrees.

I don't believe in man made global warming, nor do I think it's anything more than a way to make money for those makeing the warning. Global warming lobiest now spend more money than big oil. Al Gore has been proven wrong on just about everything he's predicted and stated as fact. He's not quite the joke of Jimmy Carter, but he's on his way. hahaha

Have you ever noticed that even as warm as it was last year and even this year that we never broke any record temps? All the high tempature records were set in the 30's give or take a decade. Same thing with hurricanes. Not one this year and all the records for those were in the 30's too.

Hope your staying warm and indoors today. I'm gonna finish up a few projects and hide from the weather. hahaha

Eddie

Eddie,

I agree 100% !! I think the whole global warming thing is false. 3 years ago we had one single snow storm that dumped 54" on us at one time. A record for my area. Then last year we had a record cold snap... Like you said all the record high temps are from the 1930's era..
Have you noticed how last year they global warming people were saying all the hurricanes were from global warming and now they haven't said a word as to why we have had no hurricanes?? Hmmmm ??? Here an Idea, maybe it is just simply mother nature and not global warming at all...

/ Global Warming?
Hope your staying warm and indoors today.

Eddie, with my usual luck, my wife's sister has been here from West Virginia for a 10 day visit, and today is the day I have to take her back to the airport.:D

I alway figure the weather forecasters have to forecast a little worse than it actually gets because if they miss the other direction, they'll be severely criticized. But this time, it appears that they were right on for us.

I know a number of people who agree with you about global warming. And while I have some doubts both directions, I generally tend to think it's just a normal cycle myself. It seems to me that we have just about as many "record" cold days as we do "record" hot days.

/ Global Warming? #7  
The main problem here is that the last Ice Age was only 10,000 years ago when all of the MidWest was under a 2 mile thick solid sheet of ice and then it began to recede and left us with the flatlands and the Great Lakes.

Unfortunately, at that time, Al Gore's ancestors were all huddled in a cave somewhere freezing to death and had not yet invented human language, speech, or writing to record the last Global Warming event, but they all sure could grunt real good......it would be another ten milleniums until Al was able to invent the internet and warn everyone.

/ Global Warming? #8  
EddieWalker said:
Our local weather forecasters are in there little weatherman heaven reporting all the doom and gloom of this storm. It seems the worse it is, the more exited they get!!!
My favorite is Jim Cantorri (sp ?) on the Weather Channel ........ this guy works himself up into a frenzy over just about anything ..... and does his best to ensure that you get worked up too ....... I half expect to see him actually start drooling or foaming at the mouth on camera one of these days.

......... makes ya wonder about what exactly they are teaching in journalism school these days.

/ Global Warming? #9  
Eddie
I am with you about global warming. One of the loudest proponents of global warming was, just a few years ago yelling about an approaching mini ice age. He couldn't sell that so switched gears.

During the years that I served as a research manager for NASA I found that the academics would come in with a proposal to study this terrible thing they had found. After they were awarded a contract with a few renewals they would be back with " that is not really as bad as I thought but there is this other terrible thing that needs study"

I put global warming in that category unfortunately the politicians are buying in to it.

Vernon

/ Global Warming?
And now we're getting snow! Admittedly not much, but small snowflakes swirling in the breeze and roofs starting to turn white.

Status
Not open for further replies.