Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who?

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #31  
Re: Contest-100,000th Post - How to determine

Determing the 100,000th post is not really that difficult.

First: I looked at the Main Index and currently (as I write this post) the main index says that there are 100,054 total posts

Next: I got a listing of the posts in the last 12 hours.

Finally: Looking at the URL of your post John, it has a number in the URL of 100,929. So, apparently 875 posts have been deleted over time for one reason or another (100,929-100,054 = 875) -- but anyway, to find the 100,000th post you need to find post number 100,875 in the URL -- which I found to be Mark's.

I believe that is the 100,000th one, and Muhammad I am sure will verify later today.

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #32  
By the looks of things it got pretty intense in here right around 12:58AM EST... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

And the winning post is... Re: Cab pros and cons Operation - MChalkley - 01/17/02 00:58 AM

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #33  
{trying to attach a .xls or html file... but no luck for 11:58pm}

Oh man… are you guys ever competitive…. and so good at it….! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Either all ya’s are super-duper fast typists… or you all had “pre-canned” responses ready to roll and multiple browsers going simultaneously…/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

{Thanks Dave for the insight on the URL #'s}

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #34  
Muhammad,

Are sure sure it was Mark's post? It looked to me like it was Thomas' cat...

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #35  
Thomas - That's a great shot of your cat! I had no idea the TBN event was drawing such a diverse audience. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #36  
<font color=blue>Not being the competitive type</font color=blue>

Yeah, and I had forgotten about this thread, never noticed how many we were up to yesterday, so I was sound asleep when the 100k mark was hit./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif And of course, it's pure luck when I can even get logged onto my ISP in the late evening hours./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

<font color=blue>5 longwinded members</font color=blue>

OK, I know you're talking about me and Mark, but who are the other 3?

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #37  
Muhammad - That's hilarious. As John mentioned, I (and a bunch of others, it turned out /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif) had a couple of pre-loaded responses ready to send. Things moved very slowly until they got to 998, I think it was, so I was sure I still had more time. In fact, I thought almost everybody had logged off, except those humoring me with my "lektwonix kwestyun". So I was going through the messages in my e-mail that I hadn't responded to yet. The counter said 997, I think, then I sent the response to the cabs message. Then, when I checked again to see if it was time to fire off the canned ones, the counter said 100,005! The one that was #100,000 wasn't even a canned one! So it was purely a fluke... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #38  
<font color=blue>Not being the competitive type</font color=blue> Hmm, and I don't consider myself to be, either. I wonder what that says. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Actually, I looked at it, not so much as a competition, but as a celebration. Now, if I had known Muhammad was giving away the Lincoln that showed up at my house this morning, then I would've been competing. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Actually, I'm still fourth on the list of posters. Our buddy Harv is #5, and he's pretty close to bumping me into 5th. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif So, obviously, he must've been including himself. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #39  
<font color=blue>but who are the other 3? </font color=blue>

Bird, I'll take a guess at this one. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

How about

Thomas @2842
Harv @2087
Gordon @ 1534

DFB

/ Contest-100,000 Posts-When, Where & Who? #40  
and let's not leave out Muhammad @ 2758...