Is it the season .... Or what?

/ Is it the season .... Or what? #21  
DUMBDOG said:
If you are going to drink scotch and water, it might as well be the good stuff. Try Chivas. I purchased a bottle of it in 1991, now half of it is almost twenty eight years old now. The rest of it should be real good.

When I was about 8 or 10 someone gave my dad a bottle of Chivas that was 12 years old. He wasn't a drinker and put it up in the cabinets behind the glasses we never used. I would see it up there from time to time. When he passed away in '95 I inherited it. It is currently in my cabinets, behind the glasses that we never use. It is now 47 years old. I'm waiting for a special occasion (retirement). :D

/ Is it the season .... Or what? #22  
N80 said:
Alright. I'm going to take your word for it. My New Year's Resolution will be to aquire a taste for scotch and water! I may start working on it now though. :p

I'm actually not much of a drinker eiher. I have a few things that I like, gin and tonic, Jack and Blenheims, Coronas, a few varieties of grocery store wine and a few nice thick stouts. I probably have a drink 3-4 times a month.

I can't remember my last hangover......wait, that didn't come out exactly right.:eek:

I'd say our tastes must be different. I figure Corona has to be the worst tasting beer I ever tasted; horrible stuff!:eek:

Actually, I've tried a little bit of most kinds of drinks at some time in my life, but now may have a scotch and water a couple of times a month and think I've had 3 or 4 beers this year, but what I drink the most of is a little glass of Burgundy or Paisano wine before supper.

/ Is it the season .... Or what? #23  
DUMBDOG said:
If you are going to drink scotch and water, it might as well be the good stuff. Try Chivas. I purchased a bottle of it in 1991, now half of it is almost twenty eight years old now. The rest of it should be real good.

Chivas Regal is definitely good, and for the amount I drink, it wouldn't be too expensive, but about 34 years ago, I decided to try a cheap scotch and found that I liked it just as well. So I buy Clan MacGregor.:D

/ Is it the season .... Or what? #24  
Bird said:
My education is obviously sorely lacking. I didn't even know any ginger ale existed besides Canada Dry. What number would it be?
There is more than one Ginger Ale. A Detroit original that is available almost everywhere now is Vernors

/ Is it the season .... Or what? #25  
Ron,

I've had Vernors, and it's OK, but it doesn't come close to what I had that I now think must have been Blenheims.

This could get interesting. Maybe we should rate beers, too. On the other hand, that might lead to the same kind of discussion that was the original reason for this thread!

Chuck

/ Is it the season .... Or what?
What happened to the original question? :eek:

/ Is it the season .... Or what?
   / Is it the season .... Or what? #29  
A good spirit is Grants Scotch....

/ Is it the season .... Or what? #30  
Hi Dusty,
Think you might be right ! I turned on the boob tube last night and some guy thats an atheist claims he doesnt want to listen to a local church ringing their bell with Christmas music :confused: He says he is gonna file a suit ! :confused:

I dunno ;) :)