Tractor
B-2910 delivered 8/23/01
Trying to get a picture to post.

Attachments

• 6-98048-poptbn.jpg
    6-98048-poptbn.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 58
   / My picture? #3  
yep it worked, very small pic. tho. could hardly make it out.

/ My picture? #4  
It worked and looks like a good picture - excepting that its a thumbnail. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Terry

/ My picture?
Thought I was following directions, 65x75 pixels.
Can I post a larger one and will it reduce when placed in My Picture?

Attachments

• 6-98299-popnar360.JPG
    6-98299-popnar360.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 50
   / My picture? #6  
<font color=blue>Can I post a larger one and will it reduce when placed in My Picture?</font color=blue>

Yes, any picture you reference in the Your Picture field will get resized to 65x75 pixels on the page, but you did it exactly right by making it that size to start with. A larger picture would just take that much longer to download for no particular reason.
wink.gif

/ My picture? #7  
GotRocks,

I cropped that last picture you uploaded to 65x75. It's still not great resolution, but at least we can see you. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 6-98458-GotRocks.jpg
    6-98458-GotRocks.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 58
   / My picture?
GlueGuy,

Thanks for the effort, I think some where we have gotten wider than tall,
I,m not as heavy as it appears in your cropping.

Beside the large poplar is more intersting than my bald head.

If the picture is supposed to be close enough for a "line up" let me know and I'll see what I can do.

/ My picture? #9  
OK. You want a little thinner? I cut out an 85x75 pixel section of the original, and resized it to 65x75. This gives the effect of making everything a little bit thinner. Let me know if it's good enough. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 6-98706-GotRocks2.jpg
    6-98706-GotRocks2.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 62
   / My picture?
Thanks GlueGuy,

I'm still learning on my Adobe Photo Delux Home Ed. I think I now know how to set pixel sizes to reduce a pic. But I don't know how to make a cutout to exact size.
When I go to TRIM it seem to be freehand and guesstimate at size of cutout. While I'm hinting for help when in Photo Delux a particular file show 183KB then when I do a filelist the size show 14KB. The only thing I can think of is when loaded in Photo Deluxe it is in that dedicated format but I have saved it as JPEG. Does that sound logical?
Thanks again.