Gauges.

/ Gauges. #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Does anybody no why tractor company don't put gauges on all of there models?
I always thought it was do to the dash room and cost./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Thomas..NH

/ Gauges. #2  
Thomas-don't have a clue. Sure seems like a work machine would come with guages rather than silly little lights. My guess is the almighty dollar plays a big role.

/ Gauges. #3  
At one time my wife returned from a trip and said that evey time she hit a dip the light that said OIL came on. Wonder if she would have noticed a gauge?

Unfortunately, those of us that know and understand what the gauge says and means continue to be in the minority. The majority will at least notice a red or amber light, but pay no attention to a gauge. My wife's Cherokee has a full set of gauges and the only one she has ever looked at is the fuel gauge, and it has a light if you aren't paying attention that says low fuel. New GMC 3/4 ton pickups with HD towing packages now have Transmission Temperature Gauges on them. Serious users will appreciate that feature, but many will never understand what it means. That is why many gauges now just show red and green areas.

/ Gauges. #4  
Wen, I didn't know GMC had started putting tranmission temperature gauges on any of their pickups. That's one I always wanted, and never had./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Gauges. #5  
They are on the 2000 models. My dad just bought one of them and he was a mechanic, and really liked that feature.