The thread about absolutely nothing...

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #31  
After a few years of being married to me, I've got my wife repeating something I always say when I see a garage with lights on in the night time.

"Must be a married man that lives there". :)

Almost 40 years of marriage, and I have a garage with heat and AC, 'fridge, microwave, TWO TV's (w/ cable/satelite) a recliner, a restroom, and even room for some tools.

Long, successful marriages don't happen by accident.

We still like spending time together. That comes from spending adaquate time APART.

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #32  
I had to rewatch that video two or three times and crank the surround sound. Very fun. Hard to find an open road around here anymore. Wasn't a problem 20 years ago. For that matter, I worked at a couple airports back then and we'd have to check the runways for F.O.D. (falling object damage) from time to time, which required a couple trips down the runway to look for debris.... yeah, that's what I was doing. ;)

As for skinny guys on bikes, my posted times were from 20 years ago when I weighed 135 and was 6' tall. Talk about a bean poll. :D Now I'm still 6' tall but about 75 pounds heavier (all muscle, of course :p ) and I doubt my poor little RD would break 13 with me on there.

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #33  
Farmwithjunk said:
After a few years of being married to me, I've got my wife repeating something I always say when I see a garage with lights on in the night time.

"Must be a married man that lives there". :)

Almost 40 years of marriage, and I have a garage with heat and AC, 'fridge, microwave, TWO TV's (w/ cable/satelite) a recliner, a restroom, and even room for some tools.

Long, successful marriages don't happen by accident.

We still like spending time together. That comes from spending adaquate time APART.
Well, I'm only half way there with 20 years of wedded bliss behind me. But I can proudly say that I have a one car garage, a two car garage and a rented 20X10 storage shed and not one running vehicle in any of them! :D Tractor excluded, of course.

/ The thread about absolutely nothing...
MossRoad said:
Well, I'm only half way there with 20 years of wedded bliss behind me. But I can proudly say that I have a one car garage, a two car garage and a rented 20X10 storage shed and not one running vehicle in any of them! :D Tractor excluded, of course.

When I was living single, seeing double and sleeping triple ;) I used to dream of a house with a 2 car garage. Some years later I got married, built a house with a 2 car garage and needed a 3rd car garage. Bought this house with a 3.5 car garage and now I need a barn!

Funny how things work. I don't need the things I want, nor do I want the things I need.

Farmwithjunk said:

QUOTE]

I have garage envy.

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #36  
Where is this Podunk?I have lived in same area @50 years and have never heard of any such place.What road is this on?

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #37  
I thought there was a podunk in every county somewhere. There is in mine.

greenedeere said:
Where is this Podunk?I have lived in same area @50 years and have never heard of any such place.What road is this on?

Like "N80" said, almost every county has a "podunk". Down here in SE Alabama, everywhere is podunk...the same as over in SW GA. I live about 25 miles from Blakely, GA. between a one horse town called Headland and another one horse town called Columbia.

It's just a figure of speech. It may well be Timbuktoo...you get the picture.
:)

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #39  
Ken, that's a '68 2dr sedan (LL21). Originally 273 V8, 904 auto trans, 2.71:1 7¼" rear A/C, PS, variable speed (not 2-speed, not 3-speed) wipers, all tinted windows, up-grade interior, yellow W/black PAINTED roof & gold vinyl bench seat interior car. It's now painted 1970 Y-1 (Top Banana) yellow W/black vinyl top, mostly black cloth interior (still bench seat), has a mild (about 350 HP) 360, A-518 (4-spd AOD) trans, 3.91:1 8¾" narrowed C-body station wagon rear, NOS firm feel police PS box, C-body (Newport, New Yorker) pitman/idler arms & tie rod ends (arms are 2" longer for faster steering, tie rods are bigger, 11/16" vs 9/16"), 1.04" torsion bars, slightly relocated HD leaf springs (moved inboard ¾" each), Koni shocks, 1¼" anti roll bar, 10.875" (soon to be 11¾") disc brakes & 10" drums both running carbon metallic frictions, hand made tri-Y headers (to clear the steering mods), hand made welded frame connectors, & ½" full recirculating fuel system feeding the Holley 650 double pumper. It rides on 16" X 7" Torque Thrust II wheels with BFG KDW tires (205/55's on front, 245/50's on back). It's not REAL fast (but it's not slow either ;)), & rides like a buck-board, but it'll take a 25 MPH 270° interstate on/off ramp at 55 MPH easily (& at that speed the tires are just beginning to "talk" to me). I built it to chase Corvettes, & considering I did it all "on the fly" (for under $15K) by just picking parts, it came out surprisingly well balanced. When it does eventually start to lose grip in a turn, all 4 tires start to move laterally very gently; none of this suddenly having the rear try to pass the front, or having the front wheels scrub out drama! The only real "weak point" in the car is the tire/wheel size. I could use an 8" wide (5" back space) wheel on the front without changing anything, but without moving the rear springs INTO the frame rails & widening the wheel tubs (which would make tail pipes a nightmare without narrowing the fuel tank), I can't go any larger than I already have on the rear (the tires JUST touch both the inner wheel house & fender lip in "spirited" driving). As a point of comparison, my bro's '68 Barracuda fast back has 16" X 8" (5" back space) wheels with 245/45 tires on all 4 corners (& in the trunk too!) with nothing moved or modified (his rear is slightly wider than mine, I cut mine down to fit my wheel combo).

All in all, it's a very fun ride; a real blast to throw around the back roads, not too shabby in the stop-light grand prix, & with the overdrive trans it cruises at 70-75 MPH quietly & effortlessly. Unfortunately, it's been parked for just over 2 years now. One day, it'll return to the road sporting new Edelbrock aluminum heads & a better cam. Before that happens though, my bro's 69 Coronet 500 wagon is getting a new Dana 60 rear with Cal-tracks & mono-leaf springs. Since we dropped the 550 HP 493 (stroked 440) in it, he's been worried about the old rear (it was my first R&P swap & it's not real quiet).

Now, who want to get me started telling skydiving stories? :eek:

Attachments

• dartatfarm4.jpg
    dartatfarm4.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 87
  • atcowagon2.jpg
    atcowagon2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 95
  • cudabigmeats2.JPG
    cudabigmeats2.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 99
   / The thread about absolutely nothing... #40  
N80 said:
I thought there was a podunk in every county somewhere. There is in mine.

I've been to Maybury (Graham NC, home of Herb McCandless) & my girl friend lives not far from Dogpatch (Shirly Ar). :D