The thread about absolutely nothing...

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #1  

Podunkadunk

Veteran Member
Felt like I was "hijacking" another TBN member's thread, so I thought I'd start one about nothing, that way I won't be stepping on anyone's toes.

I was talking to Soundguy about my garage being so clean. Since the wifey is always on my arse about not doing this and not doing that, I stay out in the garage, making noise, running power tools etc. At least she thinks I'm busy doing something constructive.

Any thoughts?

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #2  
Hey.. I'd rather be outside 'building' something, than inside cleaning -ANY- day.

Soundguy

/ The thread about absolutely nothing...
That's what I'm talking about. I'd actually be outside disking, or bush-hogging or box blading something...the smell of burning diesel is awesome. Unfortunately, I'm about out of uses until spring:(

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #4  
Yep.. I think I once said that the smell of diesel exhaust turns me on.

Heck.. I 'make up' excuses to fire the old tractor's off.

Looks like time for hay ride!

Soundguy

Soundguy,
I have relatives in Lake Wales, Babson Park, Frostproof, Berea (sp), Avon Park and Sebring. It's my Mom's side of the family, I'm not really close to any of them... My Father's side of the family is from this area, so here I am. I'm not familiar with the town you live in. Must be up around Ocala area?

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #6  
Boy I know what you guys are talking about. If I have a bad day at work the best thing I can do is go turn the dirt in the horse pen with the tractor.

OOPS. I haven't been on TBN for 2 weeks and already got into Moderator trouble...Posted this thread in the wrong spot. My bad...I didn't see a place where you can talk "general" talk.

I agree Montana, a bad day on my little tractor is better than a good day at work, that's for darn sure.

I notice you are from Flagstaff. Beautiful country there! I stopped in there one time while on my way to the Grand Ravine in the ground. My previous stop was Winslow...the meteor creater. Man, that was cool. My wife hated it and didn't see why I wanted to spend all day at a hole in the ground:(:(

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #8  
just where is lower L.A. ( Lower Alabama) ? Gulf coast ?

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #9  
Good thread Podunkadunk.
Even my wife dislike going into outside shed,for it doesn't have that homey look :) but she getting braver about cleaning the shop down stairs tho. :(

/ The thread about absolutely nothing... #10  
When I lived in the western Florida panhandle people often referred to it as LA or Lower Alabama.

On the topic at hand, I remember telling my wife I needed to fire up the tractor because it hadn't benn cranked in a while and I wanted to give the battery some juice. It's true of course, but she gave me that look like, "I can't prove you're making that up, but I'd bet on it."

But, I've also noticed that if you get on the tractor and putter around a little bit you'll almost always get an inspiration for something semi-legitmate to do with it. Of course, every time that happens the wrong implement is on it!