MAC AW434 Impact Wrench

/ MAC AW434 Impact Wrench #1  

Jarrett

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT
I found a MAC AW434 Impact Wrench (I think it's AW434...only the _W4_4 are legible) at the Pawn Shop next to work. It's well used. The F/R switch moves etc. They want $29.95 for it. I think I'll go back and see if they'll hook it up to a compressor so I can make sure it works. Anyone have one of these? Do you have any other MAC Impact or air tools? How good have they been? Looking on the MAC website, they show an AW434M which retails for $299.99. There may be an M at the end of this model too, but it's worn off.
They also have a Husky HDT103 air hammer made by campbell hausfeld for $20. It looks brand new. It's in a plain labeled box that just has the model number and Made in China on it. Maybe it's a refurbed unit. I compared the specs to the current medium duty Husky Home Depot is selling ($39.95) and it seems better. The one at HD only has 3,000 blows per minute, where as the pawn shop one has 5,000bpm. I don't remember the other specs, but it seems to me that the higher bpm would be better. Am I right in assuming this?

/ MAC AW434 Impact Wrench #2  
From the searches I did I found a Mac 434 has a maximum fwd torque of 625 ft. lbs. Since its in a pawn shop, I'd want to test the gun out first. It may be good or may be worn out. It depends on how the mechanic took care of it. I believe a Mac tool sales guy can have them rebuilt at a cost.

The HDT103 I couldn't find but Husky lists a H4103 that is only 275 ft. lb.s of torque. If the HDT103 is like the H4103 its a cheaper model with less torque. If HD sells one for $40 its probably a lower torque gun.
More ft. lbs. of torque is better to get that stubborn lug nut loose.

I have a 30 plus year old Chicago Pneumatic 1/2" drive gun with 450 ft. lbs. fwd. torque and a new gun I got for Christmas with 625 ft. lbs. fwd. torque. Both work great.

/ MAC AW434 Impact Wrench
George2615 said:
From the searches I did I found a Mac 434 has a maximum fwd torque of 625 ft. lbs. Since its in a pawn shop, I'd want to test the gun out first. It may be good or may be worn out. It depends on how the mechanic took care of it. I believe a Mac tool sales guy can have them rebuilt at a cost.

The HDT103 I couldn't find but Husky lists a H4103 that is only 275 ft. lb.s of torque. If the HDT103 is like the H4103 its a cheaper model with less torque. If HD sells one for $40 its probably a lower torque gun.
More ft. lbs. of torque is better to get that stubborn lug nut loose.

I have a 30 plus year old Chicago Pneumatic 1/2" drive gun with 450 ft. lbs. fwd. torque and a new gun I got for Christmas with 625 ft. lbs. fwd. torque. Both work great.
The HDT103 is an air hammer. They had a couple Husky HDT 102 & 202 Impacts, but they're in the 250ft-lb range, and I'm looking for something in the 500+ range.