Does your pets' breath gag a maggot???

/ Does your pets' breath gag a maggot??? #1  

DrDan

Gold Member
Tractor
G1800 & BX2200
Does your pets\' breath gag a maggot???

It could have serious health implications affecting vital internal organs...

Wanna know more? Go read my newspaper column at:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mariettaleader.com/4/011602/pethealthnews.htm>http://www.mariettaleader.com/4/011602/pethealthnews.htm</A>

Go ahead and max their website bandwidth LOL I don't pay the tab.

DrDan

/ Does your pets' breath gag a maggot??? #2  
Re: Does your pets\' breath gag a maggot???

All I can get is the title and author's name at the top of the screen. Indications are that it isn't through loading the page, but communication between my computer and the ISP stopped and it still hasn't loaded after 30 minutes./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Fortunately though, my dog doesn't have that problem./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Does your pets' breath gag a maggot??? #3  

Bird, Dan,
I just went thru without a problem. I'm on a high speed connection.

Good info Dan. Our dog is in dire need for some dental care. Wish you were here. We do have a good vet locally that is good with the dogs. I might add, years ago we had a small dog that lost some teeth because of the very fact you described..... lack of knowledge on our part let to poor dental hygene and thus loss of teeth.

Rod

/ Does your pets' breath gag a maggot??? #4  

Well, I had given up and closed that window, logged off the Internet, got another cup of coffee and came back and the link worked./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Does your pets' breath gag a maggot??? #5  

I didn't have any problem getting to the site.

Wow, I didn't know all of that breath stuff. I will definitly call my vet to see if they do that.
Seems kind of like a scary procedure though.

/ Does your pets' breath gag a maggot???

Actually if the vet uses inhalent anesthesia it is very safe since the level of sleep is held very light. I hate injectible anesthetics since they are rather uncontrollable. With inhalent if you turn it down or off the pet recovers in minutes rather than hours. No bouncing off the walls in a drunken stupor either.

Lets see..... In 18 years of doing this procedure to dogs and cats of all ages I have never lost a single one.

If your vvet is skillful and up to date on equipment it is a piece of cake. Much more dangerous to the pet's general health to leave all that rot in the mouth than to give a light anesthetic and clean it out.

DrDan

/ Does your pets' breath gag a maggot??? #7  

I see your point. Thanks for posting that info.

Can you tell me apx. what to expect to pay for that type of procedure?

Thanks!

/ Does your pets' breath gag a maggot???

LOL It all depends on your area. I chage about $85 to $100 which includes tha anesthesia, cleaning and hospitalization for the day.

DrDan