Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23

Default Re: Anyone for Smoked Meats?

When circumstances and meat market sale prices permit, a rack of bone-in rib steaks on the smoker are a real treat Well, really, any steaks work good on the smoker but are often overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeBrew2
    When circumstances and meat market sale prices permit, a rack of bone-in rib steaks on the smoker are a real treat Well, really, any steaks work good on the smoker but are often overlooked.
    Steve, of course I've cooked a variety of steaks on the grill, but haven't tried them yet in the smoker. But we have a new steak house that opened in our area recently that we haven't tried yet, and I saw an ad of theirs this week for "all you can eat smoked sirloin" on Mondays. I guess we'll have to try that before long.
    Bird

Tractor
    Kubota BX23

Quote Originally Posted by Bird
    ... "all you can eat smoked sirloin" ...
    Man, you Texas guys have it it all ! Sounds real good. 'course, "sirloin" is usually a "roast" but, is made into steaks on regular occasion so it makes sense. And with that in mind, it's probably better to smoke a whole rib roast rather than steaks unless everybody you're feeding really loves smoke ... the smoke can be too much for some folks with thin meat.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456