Anyone for Smoked Meats?

/ Anyone for Smoked Meats? #51  
When circumstances and meat market sale prices permit, a rack of bone-in rib steaks on the smoker are a real treat :) Well, really, any steaks work good on the smoker but are often overlooked.

/ Anyone for Smoked Meats?
HomeBrew2 said:
When circumstances and meat market sale prices permit, a rack of bone-in rib steaks on the smoker are a real treat :) Well, really, any steaks work good on the smoker but are often overlooked.

Steve, of course I've cooked a variety of steaks on the grill, but haven't tried them yet in the smoker. But we have a new steak house that opened in our area recently that we haven't tried yet, and I saw an ad of theirs this week for "all you can eat smoked sirloin" on Mondays. I guess we'll have to try that before long.

/ Anyone for Smoked Meats? #53  
Bird said:
... "all you can eat smoked sirloin" ...

Man, you Texas guys have it it all ! Sounds real good. 'course, "sirloin" is usually a "roast" but, is made into steaks on regular occasion so it makes sense. And with that in mind, it's probably better to smoke a whole rib roast rather than steaks unless everybody you're feeding really loves smoke ... the smoke can be too much for some folks with thin meat.