Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #1  

Podunkadunk

Veteran Member
I twisted my knee a couple weeks ago, heard a popping sound, fell to the ground holding my knee. I "walked" it off, but it swelled up and hurt like the dickens. Subsequent MRI revealed a torn medial meniscus.

I had arthroscopic surgery today (outpatient), I'm amazed at how much I can bend my knee already and there isn't that much pain.

Anyone else had this type of surgery before? Full recovery time? I'm in good shape, health is great and I'm not over lordy lordy... yet.

-Podunk

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #2  
I had a torn rotator cuff, and they fixed it with an arthroscopic procedure. It went so well and the recovery was so easy that when my knee started acting up, I dedcied to go ahead and have it fixed as well. I also had a torn medial meniscus, but after two years I'm still not quite out of pain. It'll be real hard to get me to fix my other knee now.

I'm glad yours is going so well, be sure to do everything the doc tells you, including the exercizes!

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #3  
And do not overdo the exercises. More is not better. Also take the pain meds. The SO's doc told her "your body only does one thing at a time. If it's in pain the healing will be slow." However DO NOT over do or over-stress because it doesn't hurt.

She had some type of arthroscopic knee surgery. She followed the docs instructions exactly (rare for her, she always wants to overdo). When she went hobbling in for a followup visit with just a cane the office was full of people on crutches. She was complaining to the nurse about her progress and was informed all the people in the waiting room had surgery on the same day she did.

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #4  
About four years ago I had the meniscus surgery on my left knee. Everything seems fine aside from weather change indications.:D

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #5  
Mornin Podunk,
Ive got to be guilty of doing the same thing myself :confused: I exit the tractor to my left holding the grab bar on the left fender and placing my right hand on the loader support and then kind of launching myself off the tractor platform :( I have twisted my knee doing this and still have not learned that this is not a good technique ! I hope to get trained before I need surgery also ;) :)

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #6  
I had a slight tear to my miniscus that the DR opted to not operate on 'yet'

So.. I am 'looking forward' to surgery at some point.

My injury took about 2 weeks before i could walk normally, and about 2 months to be at 90%.. which is where it is at now.. if I run.. i hear and feel things moving that probably shouldn't be!! (grin)

Soundguy

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #7  
Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor

Well, there's you problem! From now on, stay on the tractor.

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #8  
N80 said:
Well, there's you problem! From now on, stay on the tractor.

Thanks Doc,
I knew there was a reasonable way to solve that problem ;)

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #9  
I guess I'm lucky. My last tractor was really hard on my 60 year old knees. Too much twisting, jumping, and hoping for a safe landing. I sold it before I needed surgery.

I opted for a tractor that is perhaps a little smaller than I'd like to have. But, it is closer to the ground, and it sure is easy to get on an off. It does everything I want -- it just takes a little bit longer. But, then what doesn't when we get older?

My knees quit hurting within days of getting the new tractor.

/ Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor #10  
Yeah, I had the same type of operation a few years ago on my knee. I felt better in a couple of weeks, and after a little therapy, I was back to work in about a month. If I had a desk job, I would have been back in two or three weeks. Hope your recovery time is quick and easy.