Sayings quoted incorrectly

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #1  

CSAW

Silver Member
Tractor
tc-35 fwd 16la fel,hd bucket, folding ROPS, Deluxe hitch
My wife said something the other day that reminded me of these. I can't remember what she said but these are what she reminded me of. (I'm probably better off not remembering anyway. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif ) Over the past few years I have taken note of people quoting things wrong thus changing the whole meaning of what they intended. This is not intended to insult anyone I just found them amusing. You will know what they intended.
Here is the way they quoted.
1. "Dont look a gifted horse in the mouth" (I guess smart horses don't like that)
2. "Half a dozen of one or a half a dozen of the other" (Can't argue with that)
3. "He's as gay as a $10 dollar bill" (Did not know $10 bills were happy.)
I had one more but can't remember it. Would be interested in hearing any that any of you have heard.

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #2  
"Money is the root of all evil."

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #3  
My personal favorite is "I could care less", If you could care less then you are saying that you care somewhat. However when you say "I couldn't care less" then you don't care at all......

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #4  
Vacillate back and forth.

Close proximity.

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #5  
Very unique

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #6  
"They said".
I "feel".
Also the one I messed up---"as handy as a shirt on a pocket"
J

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #7  
<font color=blue>Half a dozen of one or a half a dozen of the other</font color=blue>

A high school science teacher of mine said "six of one, half the other". I never knew exactly what he meant by that until I later heard the correct saying /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #8  
Not really sayings, but amusing just the same is what comes out of the "wanna-sound-important" office staff. For example, when a large production order gets stuck, say, in the welding department due to a lcak of resources or whatever, they say "the welding department was heavily impacted by that production order." Anyone who knows a little bit about a certain medical condition will appreciate the difficulty of keeping a straight face when you hear that one.

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #9  
In aviation, "Near miss". Means the 2 planes didn't hit? If I nearly miss someone, I caught them, right?

/ Sayings quoted incorrectly #10  
When given 2 options and someone says:

1. Option given

- OR -

B. Second option given