Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #31  
can we safely eat eggs

Gosh Thingy, I would think this depends on how close Mama Ostrich is when you try to raid the nest!:D

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #32  
thingy said:
We don't know,,we will never know,this life/world is just to complicated for us.These scentists,think they know,,they don't,,,missing link stuff,,we came from monkeys,bull.Global warming,,yeah,,but don't forget about global cooling,,plants like what we exhale,right?,,,,,no man,is much smarter than you,think about it!! For some reason,we think some of us are just so much smarter than us average people,and they will figure this stuff out,,another bull!
Will tell you this,if you believe in a higher being,,[god],,it takes alot of the worry out for you,,,,,we are just pissants crawling around here,,,if somebody don't believe that,,make the sun not come up tommorow,,make it not get dark tommorow night,,make spring come faster,,make the moon quit shining on us,,,tell us when the next big earthquake will hit,,,tell us how many hurricans we will have hit the us this year,,tell us where aids came from and how to stop it,,what causes cancer,,,and lastly,,can we safely eat eggs,,,,thingy

Interesting, but we are NOT pissants. Mankind has a link to this planet and a responsibility to it, ourselves and our future.

-Mike Z.

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #33  
thingy said:
We don't know,,we will never know,this life/world is just to complicated for us.These scentists,think they know,,they don't,,,missing link stuff,,we came from monkeys,bull.Global warming,,yeah,,but don't forget about global cooling,,plants like what we exhale,right?,,,,,no man,is much smarter than you,think about it!! For some reason,we think some of us are just so much smarter than us average people,and they will figure this stuff out,,another bull!
Will tell you this,if you believe in a higher being,,[god],,it takes alot of the worry out for you,,,,,we are just pissants crawling around here,,,if somebody don't believe that,,make the sun not come up tommorow,,make it not get dark tommorow night,,make spring come faster,,make the moon quit shining on us,,,tell us when the next big earthquake will hit,,,tell us how many hurricans we will have hit the us this year,,tell us where aids came from and how to stop it,,what causes cancer,,,and lastly,,can we safely eat eggs,,,,thingy

I wouldn't even know where to start to reply to this. I'm just left setting in my chair shaking my head.:confused:

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #34  
riptides said:
Interesting, but we are NOT pissants.
From Jurassic Park. We are stewards of the earth. Some people worship it.

"You think man can destroy the planet? What intoxicating vanity! Let me tell you about our planet. Earth is four-and-a-half-billion-years-old. There's been life on it for nearly that long, 3.8 billion years. Bacteria first; later the first multicellular life, then the first complex creatures in the sea, on the land. Then finally the great sweeping ages of animals, the amphibians, the dinosaurs, at last the mammals, each one enduring millions on millions of years, great dynasties of creatures rising, flourishing, dying away -- all this against a background of continuous and violent upheaval. Mountain ranges thrust up, eroded away, cometary impacts, volcano eruptions, oceans rising and falling, whole continents moving, an endless, constant, violent change, colliding, buckling to make mountains over millions of years. Earth has survived everything in its time. It will certainly survive us. If all the nuclear weapons in the world went off at once and all the plants, all the animals died and the earth was sizzling hot for a hundred thousand years, life would survive, somewhere: under the soil, frozen in arctic ice. Sooner or later, when the planet was no longer inhospitable, life would spread again. The evolutionary process would begin again. Might take a few billion years for life to regain its present variety. Of course, it would be very different from what it is now, but the earth would survive our folly, only we would not. If the ozone layer gets thinner, ultraviolet radiation sears earth, so what? Ultraviolet radiation is good for life. It's powerful energy. It promotes mutation, change. Many forms of life will thrive with more UV radiation. Many others will die out. You think this is the first time that's happened? Think about oxygen. Necessary for life now, but oxygen is actually a metabolic poison, a corrosive glass, like fluorine. When oxygen was first produced as a waste product by certain plant cells some three billion years ago, it created a crisis for all other life on earth. Those plants were polluting the environment, exhaling a lethal gas. Earth eventually had an atmosphere incompatible with life. Nevertheless, life on earth took care of itself. In the thinking of the human being a hundred years is a long time. Hundred years ago we didn't have cars, airplanes, computers or vaccines. It was a whole different world, but to the earth, a hundred years is nothing. A million years is nothing. This planet lives and breathes on a much vaster scale. We can't imagine its slow and powerful rhythms, and we haven't got the humility to try. We've been residents here for the blink of an eye. If we're gone tomorrow, the earth will not miss us."

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #35  
Yes, the earth will still be here when man is long gone. But why make it a crappy place to live while we're here?

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #36  
MossRoad said:
Yes, the earth will still be here when man is long gone. But why make it a crappy place to live while we're here?
David, I mentioned we're supposed to be stewards of the earth. I'm not aware of anyone advocating making it 'a crappy place to live'. However, those who worship the earth paint everyone who disagrees with their opinions as advocating dirty air, dirty water, etc. It's an excellent tactic for stifling discussion and dissent. (I'm not implying you're doing this.)

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #37  
I read on the internet recently that the center of the Moon is filled with living dinosaurs that were stuck in there when the Moon broke away from the Earth.

I wonder if all the oil companies are aware of this? Maybe that is why we went to the moon in the first place, the corrupt multinational oil corporations forced NASA to put a man on the moon to look for signs of oil? Maybe by the time we finally colonize the Moon, we can drill for oil there too?

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #38  
SkyPup said:
I read on the internet recently that the center of the Moon is filled with living dinosaurs that were stuck in there when the Moon broke away from the Earth.

Hollywood made a movie out of this little know fact. It was tittled "The Land That Time Forgot".:D

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #39  
Now that PETA has come out and said that raising meat is the number one cause for Global Warming, and we all have to become vegans, I thought we'd have to drill for cheese in the moon? Did the dinasours eat all the cheese?

Eddie

/ Are we running out of fossil fuels? - peak oil theory #40  
I think you are on to something Eddie, if I understand current scientific theory correctly, the dinosaurs have been living off all that cheese for hundreds of millions of years now and since dinosaur urine turns into crude oil, the center of the Moon must all be filled with oil by now. Now if PETA can force all the carnivores to move to the moon so they can graze on the forages here on Earth, we'll end up with all the oil!!! We'll just have to come back and steal all their oxygen and take that with us..... :D