Enron

/ Enron #21  
I'm not trying to minimize the trauma brought upon the thousands of stockholders and Enron workers by the loss of their jobs and 401k money, but in the overall scheme of things it nearly shrinks to insignificance in comparison to the loss of families of the victims of 9/11, Oklahoma City, Beirut, and other such trajedies. Money and jobs are replaceable.

The bankruptcy of one company will be forgotten in due time; most people will pick up the pieces and get on with their lives. The damage done to the Judicial system by the last administration is permanent.

/ Enron #22  
ABC,
How dare you bring up a subject like this,the last time I brought up anything of this nature(a ridiculous article from a San Francisco columnist something about Clinton being the 1 who's built our military or credit to Clinton in the war on terrorism) it somehow got deleted the same day I posted it./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gifNot that I am a Clinton fan,I am not.
Go figure.

/ Enron #23  
<font color=red>The damage done to the Judicial system by the last administration is permanent.
</font color=red>

Relax, nothing's permanent but death and taxes, and we even survived Reaganomics, though barely, so I suspect the country will make it past whatever damage you feel was inflicted on it by the last administration.

I agree that the Enron debacle is insignificant as compared to the various tragedies inflicted on this country by terrorists, and that makes me wonder why anyone even cares about the trivial Clinton stuff.

Chuck

/ Enron #24  
the first thing that I thought of when I heard about the dead accountant is that Clinton was cleaning up loose ends. Nothing points to Bush except dumacrats wishing it so.

Dan L

/ Enron #25  
Åñëè Âû ìîæåòå ÷èòàòü ýòî, òîãäà Âû - íå ñòîëü æå ãëóõè, êàê Âû ñìîòðèòå!!!/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Enron #26  
Dang it Hillbilly... /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif My roushian translator is buggy and I can't figure out a word you say!!

Come on - get back to good ol' American... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Terry

/ Enron #27  
There are quite a number of people, myself included, who do not consider Clinton's perjury trivial--far from it. The acts which precipitated the perjury, while trivial to some, were enough to get any low-level Federal supervisor canned. Any man with a shred of dignity would have owned up to what he did and resigned, but instead Clinton, as always, put his own selfish interests ahead of the country's, at the expense of Al Gore's presidency. Think about it--Bush would not be in office today had he been running against incumbent Gore, unless Gore was worse than Clinton. That doesn't seem possible. The real crux of the matter was the perjury, though. From now on, how can our Judicial system punish anyone for perjury? Can the witness choose, ala Clinton, whether or not to tell the truth depending upon how embarrassing the question is? I don't see why not--what's good for the President is good for Joe Sixpack, provided he's got a slimy enough lawyer to invoke the Clinton precedent. Clinton's escaping punishment for perjury establishes once and for all that the President is above the law.

I stick with what I said--it's permanent.

/ Enron #28  
Religion and politics....is there a difference? These Just For Fun thingies often don't live up to the name.

Furnace cement is great stuff!!! Right up there with JB Weld, Duct tape and baling wire. Thanks to Franz for telling me about it.

Reckon anyone noticed the subtle topic shift? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Chuck

/ Enron #29  
BTW, have you folks heard the I95 song? Finest kind. The kiddies are back at the local University and listening to it helps while trying to drive with them on the road.

Chuck

/ Enron #30  
Hillbilly,
That post was deleted right after I added to it. I didn't think it was exceptionally controversial or offensive, anyway. With regards to Enron and Arthur Anderson, when you let the fox guard the chicken coop, you know what happens. Also, the laws might need to be changed to report major insider selling even when it's to pay off a loan.
18-64320-TractorsigK.JPG