Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
    Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

Default Re: Are our tractors going to start glowing?

Quote Originally Posted by DUMBDOG
    If your tractor glowed, it would be easier to find at night.
    And work at night without adding lights.
    Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L275DT; Ford 8N

Quote Originally Posted by milkman
    The can is open and the worms are out and the rules and regs aren't followed, that is exactly the reason that I have the questions that I do, maybe we need personal geiger counters?
    Actually I share the same sentiments. However, this is a nonpolitical forum so I bite my tongue.

I will caution however, not to wear Chinese gloves if you are using a compass to find your way out of the woods; the process they use in tanning will cause some mad fluctuations in the North needle.

Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

Quote Originally Posted by Jstpssng
    That's a can of worms you don't want to open in today's global economy.
    Global economy, does that mean, nothing can be done about the spread of radioactive scrap, nobody cares, it's not harmful, there's lots of discussion and info about global warming, I'd like to know more about this, don't hear much about this and I tend to think it would affect us sooner than global warming.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L275DT; Ford 8N

Quote Originally Posted by milkman
    Global economy, does that mean, nothing can be done about the spread of radioactive scrap, nobody cares, it's not harmful, there's lots of discussion and info about global warming, I'd like to know more about this, don't hear much about this and I tend to think it would affect us sooner than global warming.
    There are many things which affect us. How do you know the food imported from other countries don't have residue from chemicals we aren't allowed to use?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST w/LA723 loader

Milkman

If one of my radiation detectors can be made operational I will make some measurements but I would expect that it might barely exceed natural background.

What many people don't understand is that the natural radiation background is fairly high and if you fly a lot you are getting quite a large radiation dose.

Vernon
    Kubota L3130HST, BL4690B backhoe, LA723 Loader w/QA, 6' BB, 6' Bush Hog, 5' RB, PHD, ATI grapple, Hy-Reach Tree Shear, toothbar, pallet forks, grubbin bucket.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

I see the city I work in ( next to the city i live in ) Just had a 'radiation scare'. Seems a pawnshop bought a rock collection from somebody.. in it was a container of yellowcake ore!!

Soundguy

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

Like texbylea says, the background radiation is probably greater than any significant metal exposure radiation. If you live in higher elevations like Colorado, that radiation exposure is a more significant concern. But than won't stop me or anyone else from living there.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST w/LA723 loader

I have a coffee can full of the glass from the desert floor from the first Atomic bomb test. Maybe I should sell it on eBay? It is mildy radioactive. Not long after I visited the site the government came in and scraped it all up and buried it in a non accessible spot.

Vernon
    Kubota L3130HST, BL4690B backhoe, LA723 Loader w/QA, 6' BB, 6' Bush Hog, 5' RB, PHD, ATI grapple, Hy-Reach Tree Shear, toothbar, pallet forks, grubbin bucket.

Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

I found some interesting (SCARY) info, should be on the evening news and Rush should be looking at this.
    YouTube - doug rokke depleted uranium gulf war

Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

I do not know what the date was, probably in the 50's or 60's, but I read a report about some old x-ray equipment that was sold as scrap from the US, into Mexico. They were able to track the metal, and its distribution in Mexico by the cases of thyroid cancer and leukemia.
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast