Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Default Re: Super jacked up, four shocks per tire Ford F350 with...

My in-laws with the handicapped placard for 95 year old grandma could legally get their own because of hip and knee replacements, etc... but they won't. F.I.L. says they are for people that need them and old folks.... he will be 80 this year. I love that guy! He's 79 and could beat the crap out of me if I made him mad enough.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 110 TLB

A recent addition to the NH laws.."Picture Jury"

A new law, NH RSA 265:69-a, effective January 1, 2004, permits persons with walking disabilities or their drivers to submit clear photographic evidence of a vehicle that is parked illegally, either in violation of the accessible parking space or the access aisle. This evidence must be accompanied with a sworn statement to the police department in the town where this occurred so that a ticket can be issued by local enforcement officials.

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by MossRoad
    My in-laws with the handicapped placard for 95 year old grandma could legally get their own because of hip and knee replacements, etc... but they won't. F.I.L. says they are for people that need them and old folks....
    People who need them...exactly! I have a disabled veteran license plate on my pickup, but I don't need a handicap spot. I think in Texas the limiting factor is that a person is either in a wheelchair or should not walk over 300'. Don't hold me to that.

There is a local cafe in the little town of Sunset near where I live. My wife and I used to go there at least once per week. It used to really crack me up when I saw a Sunset police cruiser parked in the handicapped spot with a placard hanging on the rear-view mirror. You see, Sunset has two police cars that exist only so they can set up a speed trap on the 4-lane highway that goes by this town. One of the cops weighs 400 lb or more on a good day. He would park at the restaurant and waddle inside to chow down before his shift started.

Now this was not meant to reflect on the hard-working police officers that I have tremendous respect for. It's just a funny story about a overweight cop with a handicapped placard in a small podunk town.
    Jim

Tractor
    Push mower, Snapper 21" 6 shovels, 2 rakes, a pick, 2 pinch bars, a post hole digger (two handle type) and 2 wheel barrows that handle like a Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by jinman
    People who need them...exactly! I have a disabled veteran license plate on my pickup, but I don't need a handicap spot. I think in Texas the limiting factor is that a person is either in a wheelchair or should not walk over 300'. Don't hold me to that.

There is a local cafe in the little town of Sunset near where I live. My wife and I used to go there at least once per week. It used to really crack me up when I saw a Sunset police cruiser parked in the handicapped spot with a placard hanging on the rear-view mirror. You see, Sunset has two police cars that exist only so they can set up a speed trap on the 4-lane highway that goes by this town. One of the cops weighs 400 lb or more on a good day. He would park at the restaurant and waddle inside to chow down before his shift started.

Now this was not meant to reflect on the hard-working police officers that I have tremendous respect for. It's just a funny story about a overweight cop with a handicapped placard in a small podunk town.
    Thank You for that tidbit Mr No Joy Joy Stick.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L275DT; Ford 8N

My in-laws with the handicapped placard for 95 year old grandma could legally get their own because of hip and knee replacements, etc... but they won't. F.I.L. says they are for people that need them and old folks.... he will be 80 this year. I love that guy! He's 79 and could beat the crap out of me if I made him mad enough.
    And that attitude is how they've lived to reach that age.

Tractor
    Push mower, Snapper 21" 6 shovels, 2 rakes, a pick, 2 pinch bars, a post hole digger (two handle type) and 2 wheel barrows that handle like a Porsche.

My kind of people!

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Yep, my father in law is a great example to me. Worked hard, played hard all his life. Never stops moving. Still mows his lawn with a walk behind, although last year or so he started engaging the self propelled. Up until then they were too slow for him and he'd put them in neutral and push them.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by scott_vt
    Afternoon Ray,
    You may be right, I think it was one of those mornings that I got up on the wrong side of the rock telling that lady that she didnt look handicapped to me But that lady really blew it when she said her mother was handicapped ! She was the ONLY one in the car In other words she was breaking the law by using that sticker !

Im not normally a confrontational person, it just bugged me that day.
    She wasn't breaking the law if she parked there to pick up her mother.

Harry K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123