Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1610D and MTD Pro 808H garden tractor

Default Re: Where did the name come from

I have worked in the oilfield before going to college and after I got out of college. I live in Louisiana and so work around a lot of cajuns. I am a junior and my first name is Vernon so got pegged as TVern (little Vern). The 13 is in honor of my usual run of luck as in "If it weren't for bad luck l wouldn't have any luck at all". It's the same name I use on several forums and the only one I've ever used.

Elite Member

I've raked rocks and raked rocks out of the garden, but they multiply every year. 2manyrocks.

Gold Member Greenmountain Farmer's Avatar
    Tractor
    John Deere 6405, 2640,& 920

Quote Originally Posted by 2manyrocks View Post
    I've raked rocks and raked rocks out of the garden, but they multiply every year. 2manyrocks.
    You should think about getting those rocks "fixed" they reproduce worse than rabbits,

Tom in Vermont
    "Live Today how you want to be Remembered Tomorrow"

Tractor
    NH TC29

Great thread...some cool stories along the way.

Mine is easy...my land is all ridges and I love to walk them.
    "Ride due west of the sunset, turn left at the rocky mountains."

Tractor
    Kubota L3830HST

Nickname I was given as a kid because I always was scratching the redbug bites on my legs. In all these years, it has not changed. I am scratching one as I write this...
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

"Ranchin'" on a 1/4 of a 1/4 in Seminole County, Oklahoma!
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    Nickname I was given as a kid because I always was scratching the redbug bites on my legs. In all these years, it has not changed. I am scratching one as I write this...
    Redbug, are your red bug bites the same as our chiggers? If that's the case my name should be Redbug2. Chiggers love me! Tall grass around here is loaded with them. Blackberry patches are as well.

Jay
    Jay

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so" Ronald Reagan

But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 NIV

Tractor
    Kubota L3830HST

Yup...they are chigger bites!
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

My is self explanatory. All my neigbors are selfproclaimed rednecks. They are great, real and unpretentious people great to be associated with.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

When I was growing up 'redneck' did not mean what people seem to think it means now. If your neighbors are great, real and unpretentious it just would have meant that they were good, country people. And if you'd have called them a redneck they'd have fought you over it.

I know redneck has taken on new meaning, and people say they're proud of it now, but it used to mean white-trash.

I guess I'm just old fashioned but it still makes me sad to hear good, solid, honest country folks being called rednecks.
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Tractor
    Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs

I worked my way through college and one of my first jobs was a music technician for Capricorn Records in Macon, Georgia where I was going to Mercer University.

Got to meet Livingston Taylor, Aretha Franklin, and many others that recorded in the studios there. And then I got to work for the Allman Brothers Band in 1970 before they went to the Filmore East in New York. Duane Allman, the lead guitar player, nickname was SkyDog and the band called me SkyPup. So that moniker has stuck ever since.
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow......GO Diesel GO!

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast