Where did the name come from

/ Where did the name come from #1  

hunterridgefarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277
I have always wondered where members come up with there TBN names like,
N80, Soundguy, mars1952, SkyPup, 61 flattop, RaT, Twinwillows, Houndstooth, etc.
Some members use their real first names or initials.

I thought it would be interesting to find out how you came up with the name you use on TBN.

With me...the property we are building our house on was owned 100+ years ago by a man whos daughter married someone with the last name Hunter. 50 + years ago Mr. Hunter left this property to his son who lived several states away and thus sold it and we aquired. It was alwasy referred to as "the Hunter place" by everyone. Since we are building our house on the ridge above the river bottom we starting reffering to it as Hunter Ridge. And since we are trying to get a pick-your-own farm and greenhouse/nursery business established in the next few years we started calling it HunterRidge Farm.

My wife likes the name but I would like to change it once we get to the point of having letterhead, web site, etc up and running. So with that in mind we will most likely always be known as HunterRidge Farms.:rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone else is interested but I would like to know how you came up with the name.

/ Where did the name come from #3  
I picked mine because I am a die hard diesel nut. I have been a diesel mechanic for years, love black smoke and how it smells. I help a couple of friends out with their diesel pulling tractors that are pushing out 2,000+ HP. Class 8 truck racing is starting to get more popular in my area and I love turning the screws on older mechanical diesel engines. If it's a diesel, can blow a 50 foot smoke stack and smoke the tires I'm all over it, hence the user name DieselPower. :)

/ Where did the name come from #4  
Because I referee several sports and I am a high level referee in college Division 1.

I am also quite mad.:D

/ Where did the name come from #5  
Pretty obvious name in my case. Photos provide evidence.

Attachments

• IMG_5345 tractor on ferry.jpg
    IMG_5345 tractor on ferry.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_0889 Island Tractor.jpg
    IMG_0889 Island Tractor.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 541
   / Where did the name come from #6  
From following farmwithjunk projects... I can't figure his out... should be more like shineynewequipment...

mark

/ Where did the name come from #7  
My son plays hockey- as a goalie. As goalies are a unique breed, the parents of said players are usually treated a little bit differently than other parents. After a while we just started refering to ourselves as " the goalie's dad" and "goalie's mom". Other hockey parents tend to show us a great deal of sympathy- the cost of the gear, and the stress of having to deal with a goalie after the game winning ( or is it loosing? ) goal is scored. As strange as it is, I wouldn't want it anyother way!

/ Where did the name come from
Well, so far this is very interesting.

/ Where did the name come from #9  
Username for my first computer account back in high school. I use it for my screen name on a variety of boards, mainly because I can't remember a variety of different screen names.

/ Where did the name come from #10  
Not much sense in me making any comment... :p