WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ?

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #92  
Spent the day in Austin Tx. traffic. What little hair I had is gone.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #93  
Took a nap!:D :D

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #94  
Today, the temp went up to nearly 70, so I changed the oil in my truck & in Mom's Toyota Highlander hybrid (Why do those blasted engineers hide the oil filters behind a panel that must be removed, then attach said panel with THREE DIFFERENT KINDS OF FASTENERS?!?!? That's [/i]INSANE[/i]!!! :mad: ), then rotated the tires on the Highlander & on my brother's 86 AMC Eagle wagon.

Todays useless factoid: The oil filter on the AMC 258 6-cyl engine is the same filter used on my 04 Colorado 4WD W/3.5 liter engine.

Tomorrow, I'll be changing oil on the generator (Guardian) & the JD X304 mower. Interestingly enough, both of them also take the same oil filter (that was yesterday's useless factoid). Unfortunately, I won't be able to change the oil in the tractor as I don't have the storage capacity & won't be able to dispose of the old oil until Saturday. By then the weather is going to be cold again, so I may just put this oil change off until spring. I think I put 47 hours on the tractor this year, so leaving this oil in 'til spring doesn't concern me.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #98  
Put up Christmas decorations, probably take a couple more days!:eek:

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #99  
Yesterday,

Started at 06:30am, ran to h/w store to get wood for two 5 1/2 feet wide barn doors. Fired up the old F250 diesel and spewed the wonderful air full of that exhaust. Spent an hour or so looking for an OK quality wood in the big biox store. Man, when your looking to replace 100 year old wood, well you can see the quality difference.

Put up two new headers, 20 foot span, new rail, I reused the bolts!, and started to build new barn doors. Got one done.

The old doors I will salvage and use the tounge and groove boards for my cieling, which is missing a few boards here and there. In the barn....

All in all, a somewhat productive day.

At dinner time made a batch of homemade nachos to tide the family over, then made my homemade pizza. Ahh, the warmth of the oven and the chill of a cold one!

-Mike Z.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #100  
Last christmas I got a pistol kit from Traditions for my son, and we finished it long time ago - so Sunday we finally took it to the range for some fun time.
Interesting to watch 9 year old or 11 years old (my oldest daughter) to fire this:

Traditions Performance Firearms

but we had great time.