WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ?

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #531  
You likely know all the following, so it is just a reminder.

As you are lowering the load, once you feel the weight start to come off the front wheels, you can go to "float" mode if available on your tractor, and that will put the load down fine, but not raise your tractor.

Usually "float" is engaged by pushing the control lever just a bit further than "down" direction. Be sure to practice float if you have it before you use it. If you have the lift up high, going to float is as close to free fall as the hydraulics will allow. It is not scary fast, but pretty fast.

I only use float at I have described...I never go to float unless my bucket is very close to the ground (unloaded) or has just touched the ground (loaded).

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #532  
... If you have the lift up high, going to float is as close to free fall as the hydraulics will allow. It is not scary fast, but pretty fast.

I only use float at I have described...I never go to float unless my bucket is very close to the ground (unloaded) or has just touched the ground (loaded).

EE,

When I "float" on my Kioti the bucket drops like a stone. I never use it unless I'm within an inch or so from the ground...

David

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #533  
Did my first lift with my new tractor.
1140 bottles ready for white wine.
Hard to adjust to a tractor forklift from a normal forklift every time I lower the load to the ground tend to go to far and lift the front of the tractor:laughing:

Actually I used the wrong words. Should have said Hard to adjust to a forklift mounted on a FEL frame compared to the normal type forklift (gravity fall) mounted on my other tractor and its impossible to see where the tips of fork tynes are. Must get longer ones.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #534  
Yesterday I did a trash run, fixed some spots of low tension on the electric horse fence, scouted out a possible fox lair with the neighbor and discussed how to "handle" it, blew the leaves off the gate area of the driveway, fed and watered all the animals, and took my older girls to see the movie "Soul Surfer" at Church (It was a good movie too).

Not much really, kind of a light day.

Be well all.
David

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #535  
Yesterday I did a trash run, fixed some spots of low tension on the electric horse fence, scouted out a possible fox lair with the neighbor and discussed how to "handle" it, blew the leaves off the gate area of the driveway, fed and watered all the animals, and took my older girls to see the movie "Soul Surfer" at Church (It was a good movie too).

Not much really, kind of a light day.

Be well all.
David

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #536  
Brought home the first load from the "Old-Time Harvest days" at Chillicothe, MO yesterday evening, put them away for the winter. Going after the second load this morning.

A few pics of the show: ~~ grnspot

Attachments

• HPIM1032 (Custom).JPG
    HPIM1032 (Custom).JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 100
  • HPIM1017 (Custom).JPG
    HPIM1017 (Custom).JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 89
  • HPIM1016 (Custom).JPG
    HPIM1016 (Custom).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 87
  • HPIM1015 (Custom).JPG
    HPIM1015 (Custom).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 85
  • HPIM1037 (Custom).JPG
    HPIM1037 (Custom).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 93
  • HPIM1029 (Custom).JPG
    HPIM1029 (Custom).JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 104
   / WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #537  
Brought home the first load from the "Old-Time Harvest days" at Chillicothe, MO yesterday evening, put them away for the winter. Going after the second load this morning.

A few pics of the show: ~~ grnspot

You are lucky to see that sort of thing this time of year. The best shot I have to see old equipment is .....the 4th of July....in central NC. It is hot as blue blazes.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #538  
You are lucky to see that sort of thing this time of year. The best shot I have to see old equipment is .....the 4th of July....in central NC. It is hot as blue blazes.

This was the last show of the season around here! The other "bigger" show I go to is in mid-August, not too bad this year, but usually 95-100* then. ~~ grnspot

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #539  
I am trying to become less of a greenhorn as a horse owner.

My daughters and I really don't know what we are doing. The oldest has read a dozen books, but it is not the same, and there are many conflicting philosophys...

So I've engaged the neighbor. She is wife of an active duty USMC Officer, and a horse lady from Texas with 3 of her own.

So all this week my daughters and I have been learning how to establish control and how to do groundwork with our horses.

Man are we GREEN! It is very difficult and has been a struggle. Our horses are like naughty toddlers, and we are like timid & clueless greenhorns.

She helps us in the morning an I've been on my own every evening.

Yesterday morning we saddled them for the first time, and worked on flyspray desensetivity training.

Got a LOT to learn. I'm a tractor n00b and a horse n00b at the same time.
David

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #540  
Double Post
David