WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ?

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #561  
Had to put one of our 14 year old dogs down. :( So to ease the pain I got the better half a pup.

A lot of people I know hesitated to get a new pup to ease the pain...but I think you are wise to do so. I'm sorry for your loss, but happy for you gained a new pal.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #562  
Had to put one of our 14 year old dogs down. :( So to ease the pain I got the better half a pup.

Sorry to hear that, not an easy thing to do! ~~ grnspot

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #563  
Saturday, wife & I went to the Rutledge, MO flea market; I picked up a couple 260+ gallon totes & one 55 gallon barrel for rain water storage, along with a few other goodies. Wife got her a Revere Ware pan lid she needed, another RW pan & assorted other items including an old school arm-desk chair for a front porch plant stand (she's a retired teacher).

HPIM2504 (Custom).JPG

Sunday morning at 1:30, I got up for a bathroom break, nearly fell, went back to bed & as soon as I laid down, the whole room was spinning. So I woke the wife up to take me to the ER (1-1/2 miles away). A she was bringing the pickup into the front yard the young couple next door were just getting home & came to help get me out to the pickup, neighbor lady is a nurse. Spent the rest of the night in ER, "Meneir's Syndrome", an inner ear problem. Better today, not as steady as I'd like, but at least I was able to get out & do a few things. Is supposed to normally go away in a few days to a few weeks! ~~ grnspot

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #564  
A lot of people I know hesitated to get a new pup to ease the pain...but I think you are wise to do so. I'm sorry for your loss, but happy for you gained a new pal.[/QU

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #567  
Moved one of my rain barrels out from behind the tool shed to make room for the 275 gallon tote. It was a tight fit to get the 790 worked around so I could let the tote down into position, but it's there now.

HPIM2505 (Custom).JPG

HPIM2506 (Custom).JPG

I used a black coiled pipe fitting (barb to 1-1/4" threaded) siliconed inside the tote pipe, from there I can reduce down to 3/4" pipe for the rest of the plumbing to the greenhouse pump. ~~ grnspot

HPIM2507 (Custom).JPG

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #568  
Today I used my home made excavator to turn the soil over after we closed our garden for the fall. There were 2 thick weeds that needed the excavator to rip them out of the ground.

The weeds were no match for the excavator.

Chad

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #569  
Yesterday I put up new "No Trespassing" signs. Made sure one was exactly opposite, an another very clearly in the view of a tree stand on the property line facing my place. I managed to cover about 1/2 the property line with the first 25. I have another roll of 25 for the rest, I should make it.

I need to do some more trail clearing, the gum tree saplings have overtaken almost every formerly logged spot where sunshine get in.

Today, after Church, my boss is coming over and we are going to scout out some deer hunting spots. He wants to hunt on the property with me.

Be well all.
David

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #570  
Yesterday after Church I went stomping in the serious puckybrush putting up "No Tresspassing" signs on the rest of the property, most of it at least. My Northern boundary is a branch of a stream feeding my big pond, and then the stream exiting the pond. Along the stream it gets close to unpassable unless you are a deer or other critter, but there are some pretty little spots if you can get to them. I need to get some signs on posts I can put up in the marshy areas and around the pond were I can't nail a sign to a tree.

Be well all.
David