Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 105057585960616263 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Many

Default Re: WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ?

[QUOTE=sixdogs;3052117]
    Quote Originally Posted by D7E View Post
    Mowing corn stalks

What a cold and lonely task in an immense field. That's a job you have to do at least once in order to appreciate not doing it.
    Bet you would trade that seat time with anyone willing.
    Great time to appreciate the cab, heater, radio , cellphone and computer if available in the cab.
    This experience surely moves you to the head of the line on the TBN and certainly gets my respect.

How many acres?
    It's not too bad . There are worse jobs ,This field is 160 acres mower is 23ft .

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

[QUOTE=sixdogs;3052117]
    Mowing corn stalks

What a cold and lonely task in an immense field. That's a job you have to do at least once in order to appreciate not doing it.
    Bet you would trade that seat time with anyone willing.
    Great time to appreciate the cab, heater, radio , cellphone and computer if available in the cab.
    This experience surely moves you to the head of the line on the TBN and certainly gets my respect.

How many acres?
    My respect as well...what a job...and I agree it depends on open station or all the luxuries...LOL - still it is one of those jobs that a little bit goes a long way....gets tiring and boring pretty quick if you have been doing it for years...For a newbie...the ones always yelling for seat time..this would be heaven...for a little while...LOL
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Mowing corn stalks

I for one would consider it a new adventure.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by PineRidge View Post
    I for one would consider it a new adventure.
    D7E would have to reply for certainty here but I have done similar things and it is only an adventure for a few hours. The radio makes it better and the 23 ft wide chopper helps things go faster but it is a long ride from end to end. And then you turn around and come back.
    After a while you start to lean forward in the seat, a subconscious exercise to make the tractor go faster.

On the plus side you do get to see a lot of things most people don't and you get to think a lot of important thoughts that you never seem to have the time for. Just my two cents here, and I'll add that after I forget, it is fun to dream about again.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, 317 "Special", "L/60" Custom & 70 I

I've spent the last two days scraping & painting the fascia & soffit on the west end of the house. All the ladder work is getting hard on these old knees! ~~ grnspot

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Yesterday I worked on clearing some more sweet gum saplings out of my trails with my FS-90 trimmer and the metal blade (I LOVE that tool).

I also showed some guys around in prep for deer hunting and spent a few hours actually hunting (did not get anything).

I've got permission to hunt the 17 acres of overgrown land next to me now also, so I will scout some terrain and see what that is like over the next week.

Be well all.
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    LT160 AUTOMATIC

Got rid of an eye sore!!!

IT'S NOT THE TOOL, IT'S HOW YOU USE IT!!

You are on the internet, if you (Google) search then you'll probably find what you're looking for!!

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Yes sir, fires to burn trash are always good. Yestersday I burned a year's worth of mulch and limbs and clippings and had a warm, fuzzy feeling after it was gone.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Wednesday I cried in my beer all day.
    Thursday I got off the pity pot and messed with my Hay. I moved some of it up adding a row up higher, and I moved 9 bales closer to the house. I'm making room for some more hay in the barn.
    I also moved the tractor back into the barn.

Today I will do something... even if it is wrong...
    Be well,
    David
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor

Very Odd... I just gout a double post WITHOUT the "Do You want to leave this screen" message?

Hmmmm?????

Be well,
    David

Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 105057585960616263 ... LastLast