If they only built cars this way :-]

/ If they only built cars this way :-] #1  

PBMAX

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
Hey folks, I went with my sister-n-law and here other this weekend to Sulligent,AL to visit his family..To my suprise his cosuin BO has a Farm-all with tiller hanging under nieth with 2more at the rear(one aft of each rear wheel)... The paint has been touched up a few times and it's even been rebuilt once.. The kicker is Bo bought it new when he was twenty "IN 1948!!!!!!!!" YUP he still tills with it on 7 of his 9 acres.....near his house and 30 more down the road...!/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif I relize we don't run tractors at 80mph down the road 2hrs a day, 2 to 12 in my case, any who...I figure the way some of you tractor ridin folk( by the way I'm invious since I 'm still with out one) use youres with the difference in gear ratios and design specs would come close...Bo does have an early 80's 2wd ford for finish cutting and turning down the field at the end of the season...ahhhh well hope ya'll had a great 4th....

see ya!!

Lil' Paul

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by PBurns on 7/6/00 10:13 PM.</FONT></P>

/ If they only built cars this way :-] #2  
Paul,
I agree but not with ownly cars.
Does make one wonder into todays world about high tech,for in shot time the products becomes out dated just like the cars,vcr's, etc...
For some reason tractors still hold there use no matter the brand.
As they say the times are a changing and we all do change,but it depends on each person to accept change....mmm

Be good to yourself and stay/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ If they only built cars this way :-] #3  
Tractors do change. About every 20 years there is some significant change. Pulling a plow without a horse was a nice change. A Standardized 3 point was a nice change. Getting hydraulic power and a loader was a nice change. Economical diesels and 4WD and starters were a nice change. Most of the other changes are kinda insignificant for most uses. 4WD had to come along with the loaders. I like the sync transmission and some like the hydro transmissions.

Compact tractors in the 20-40 HP range have always been with us. They just got a little more compact in size due to the availability of 4WD and a powerful diesel engine.

They will continue to be in MUCH higher demand because the big farms have given way to the 5-10 acre homesteads and there are never enough used tractors to go around. As a result, there continues to be a lot of very old tractors in daily use and will continue to be. Odds are on your side that if you buy a new 4WD compact today, it will be worth the same amount you paid for it 25 years from now. Now how is that for low depreciation? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif