Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
Some of us here, bleed green,
Some of us here, bleed orange,
Some of us here, bleed the other orange,
Some of us here, bleed blue,
Some of us here, bleed red and so on.

My question is for those that bleed really bad, do you bleed so much that if you could not have the color of your choice you would rather go without or would you accept another color?

murph

/ How much do you really bleed??? #2  
I don't have much in the way of brand loyalty at all yet with tractors. I just bought green with yellow accents, but looked at orange, and red/black too. For me the size, features, power, HST pedal configuration (seperate pedals instead of a treadle), and price were the deciding factor, rather than the color of the machine.

Since this machine has so far been good to me, I will look at them pretty closely again if my needs change in the future and I want something bigger or smaller, but the others will still be in contention.

/ How much do you really bleed??? #3  
i've always owned green, but thats not to say i have not strongly considered others. acctually im shopping around as we speak and learning all i can about every major(farming) brand of tractor in my area....JD, Kubota, MF, NH, Case. i have more experience dealing with the JD dealership and would be a return customer. however, thats not saying i will not give other makes a fair and equal shot to win my future business. for me i have to have a tractor thats going to hold up against everyday farming tasks. while most will argue that all should be able to accomplish this, i really need a full fledge utility tractor. all brands have their pros and cons but it comes down to the deal i can get on the tractor i want/need and the service behind it. so far that whole package has always been offered by JD, but whos to say that another brand/dealership hasnt stepped up their products and service in the past years ive not been in the tractor shopping market.

/ How much do you really bleed??? #4  
I looked at mutiple brands when I purchased my current tractor.
I would look all the brands availible in my area again if the time comes for a new machine.

/ How much do you really bleed??? #5  
I don't bleed...
I might be a big Deere fan, but the first tractors I looked at were Kubota.

Unless I win the lottery or inherit wealth (fat chance), my 790 will probably last me the rest of my life. Even if I did replace it, I would look green first. If not green, probably orange.

/ How much do you really bleed??? #6  
I don't have brand loyality that would stop me from taking a good hard look at another brand machine before making the final decision.

I've used many different machines over the years. Some were just a little bit better than others -- all could generally get the job done.

Rented different brands of CUT's in the recent past and when/if I buy another tractor -- I'll definitely give them a good look.

AKfish

/ How much do you really bleed??? #7  
I bled blue, then green, and now blue and green, although I probably won't bleed muliple colors long, since I really don't need much more than a large lawn tractor...
David from jax

/ How much do you really bleed??? #8  
I like my blue and red equipment as my New Holland dealer is great. I am currently thinking of buying a orchard/vineyard tractor and have a great price on a used TN85FA. Decided to go to the nearest JD dealer to see what they have and immediately remembered why I don't visit them much. They have a few used tractors that fit what I am looking at but they are beat and they are asking for considerably more of my money just to buy a beat up green tractor. I don't bleed any one color as I own a lot of different colors but for the tractors I use and rely on every day I stay with Ford/New Holland because my dealer is great and is only 2 miles down the road compared to 25-30 miles to reach any other brand of dealers. And to let you know my disdain for the local John Deere dealership chain, I buy all my JD parts from my friend who works at a different JD chain 130 miles away. It is cheaper to have them shipped to me then to go to the local JD dealer and buy them anyway. Valtra has the right idea, paint the tractors any color the customer wants so you can have a green valtra to match your JD's or Blue or red or orange....

/ How much do you really bleed??? #9  
RoyJackson said:
I don't bleed...
I might be a big Deere fan, but the first tractors I looked at were Kubota.

Same on both counts. Deere is the absolute last brand I looked at, yet I wound up buying one. For what I was looking at I decided that it was better built and designed, and I found the price competitive.

But whenever I'm looking next, I will at least look at Kubota and NH, maybe some others as well, and I may well change my brand if the quality/design/price equation changes for whatever my next purchase may be.

/ How much do you really bleed??? #10  
If you accept that a tractor is a tool then any tool that gets the job done is worth having and certainly better than no tool. When a selection of tools is available well then we get into personal choices & opinion.

Over a period of a year I found TBN owner's to post the least complaints (other than price) about JD who also offered the most factory support. So this post is to thank owners of all brands for your help in making my choice.

Your mileage may vary