People shoot people not guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / People shoot people not guns? #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Or is it the other way around? Some want to take all the guns away because it's the guns fault when someone is shot. So the gun did it.

Using this thought, the gun did it; the next time I want to miss a bank payment I tell the banker I don't have to pay. I'll just simply remind him, I didn't sign the loan papers; THE PEN DID IT!

Coffeeman

/ People shoot people not guns? #2  
Coffeeman, I like your logic. Let me toss some more at you:
  1. Did a spoon make Micheal Moore & Rosie O'Donnell fat?
  2. Did a broken condom make . . . well, I just won't go there :cool:

/ People shoot people not guns? #3  
Here's another often quoted, but very misleading fact.

"Kids are dying from guns."

The numbers change, but it's in the high 90's that those kids who do die from gun violence are 17 and 16 years old and members of gangs.

For some reason, the anti gun crowd love to tell us how guns are causing the death of kids, but fail to mention thier age, or what there gang connections are.

People who mislead and lie about the facts are what's causing more trouble in this country then all other issues combined.

Eddie

/ People shoot people not guns? #4  
I agree.. they never really want to blame the person.. its the gun mfg or the maker of the 'cop killer' bullets that get the blame.. Heaven forbid that an actual mean looking assault rifle is involved - that bumps the entire thing up to another level..

I love explaining to ppl that an assault rifle is pretty much the same as a semi-auto hunting rifle - except for some reason they said an assault rifle has the pistol grip, removeable magazine, collaspable stock, and the ever useless (in my mind) bayonet lug (did I miss anything - Im sure if there are any ar15.com ppl on this board they can set me straight.... they are like "really?? thats what the difference is?"

brian

/ People shoot people not guns? #5  
Bob_Skurka said:
  1. Did a spoon make Micheal Moore & Rosie O'Donnell fat?

Remember the lawsuits against McDonalds?

/ People shoot people not guns? #6  
"If you tell a lie long enough, loud enough, and often enough, the people will believe it." - Adolf ******

/ People shoot people not guns?
thatguy said:
I agree.. they never really want to blame the person.. its the gun mfg or the maker of the 'cop killer' bullets that get the blame..

You forgot the parents. Doesn't matter if the person doing the wrong is 50 years old, someone will want to excuse actions on the grounds that the parents somehow must be at fault, maybe they abused him etc.etc.

Cheers

/ People shoot people not guns? #8  
The anti-gun lobby would have us believe that if law abiding citizens give up their guns there will be fewer crimes. My guns will never commit a crime but they might prevent one.

/ People shoot people not guns? #9  
Alan L. said:
The anti-gun lobby would have us believe that if law abiding citizens give up their guns there will be fewer crimes. My guns will never commit a crime but they might prevent one.

Lawmakers, Rosie beleive that if they take all the guns away the robbers won't have any. Yeah right all robbers and gang members are going to turn in their guns. There will always be black market of guns.

murph

/ People shoot people not guns? #10  
thatguy said:
I love explaining to ppl that an assault rifle is pretty much the same as a semi-auto hunting rifle - except for some reason they said an assault rifle has the pistol grip, removeable magazine, collaspable stock, and the ever useless (in my mind) bayonet lug (did I miss anything - Im sure if there are any ar15.com ppl on this board they can set me straight.... they are like "really?? thats what the difference is?"

brian

Under the 1994 federal ban, you only needed two "evil features" for any detachable magazine semiauto rifle to be an assault weapon - so a pistol grip and a bayonet lug, or a flash hider and a bayonet lug, or some other combinations. And the bayonet lug is probably somewhat less useful than the human appendix - though prior to 1994, it was generally a required feature for a rifle to be eligible for high-power rifle competition (which uses military and military derived rifles).

Status
Not open for further replies.