Amazing group we have here

/ Amazing group we have here #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Hi all

It is amazing. I have read many posts and posted many questions. What a smart group! Good solid answers about any subject. if someone doesn't answer it exactly right another will suggest the better or correct answer. We can depend on 99.99% of answers, after all the posts are in. It ain't only tractors.

When I need to know something this is one of my first stops.

We should pat ourselves on the back and thank the owner of the board; IT"S A GREAT BOARD!

Cheers Coffeeman

/ Amazing group we have here #2  
It is an amazing place and you get some great help to problems.. And that is why i love it here.

brian

/ Amazing group we have here #3  
I agree. The knowledge that I've received here has saved me an untold number of hours trying to figure it out, or saved me thousands of dollars by allowing me to do something I didn't know how to do.

My standard of living is a result of this site.

Eddie

/ Amazing group we have here #4  
Yep, I guess you could say we're diversified??:) The collective membership certainly provides a wide range of talent, experience, knowledge, etc. and best of all, a willingness to share.

/ Amazing group we have here #5  
Cheaper than "therapy":D! Jay

/ Amazing group we have here #6  
Bird said:
Yep, I guess you could say we're diversified??:) The collective membership certainly provides a wide range of talent, experience, knowledge, etc. and best of all, a willingness to share.

Yep, we have a willingness to help spend your money too!

/ Amazing group we have here #7  
I have to agree as well, the other thing I find amazing is that "strangers" will take the time to sit down and type out the answers to questions I pose, and problems I have, with no expectation of anything but a thanks on the web.

That, is truly neat.

/ Amazing group we have here #9  
I kind of look at it as a community. I know that sounds like another internet cliche', but I mean it in a little different way. All around us there are lots of little communities, both real and web based. This community has tractors in common as the primary unifying feature. So, that in turn selects for a group of people who are in general more self sufficient, more mechanically inclined, more rural minded. And that isn't news to anyone, of course. But here is the thing, if I need to fix my lawnmower, advice on a fence, what gun to use, how to fix a plumbing problem, which 'community' am I going to go to? Probably the one with the most barns, tractor sheds, workshops, etc. In the real world that would be my country friends and not the yuppie suburban types with tiny yards perfectly manicured by a lawn services. I'm not knocking them, I'm a somewhat unwilling suburbanite myself, its just that I know where I'm going to go to get the info I need. And in the cyber world, that would be here.

But there is another thing. There are ton's of internet communities with smart people with lots of knowledge. But plenty of them are populated by arrogant, you-know-whats who have no time for newbies except to make fun of them. Places like that are next to useless in my opinion. And that distinguishes this place, because people here are nice. Does that mean that having a tractor makes people nice? No. Does it mean that rural people, or rural minded people are nice? Well, generally I'd say yes. There are certainly exceptions, but most country folk seem nicer than, well, lots of other people. So that makes a difference, but the main thing, in my experience with similar web sites, is that it comes down to the founder/owner who makes civil behavior and friendliness a priority and then makes an ongoing effort to keep it that way. The arrogant jerks have no time for places like this whereas the friendly, helpful folks find a home in such a place.

/ Amazing group we have here #10  
N80:

Good entry :D! TBN can really be a comfort zone :). Jay