Rual King Stores

/ Rual King Stores #1  

aspg4

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Fergerson 135, TYM 554
Just saw where Rural king stores are going to start selling tractors with the R/K name, but made by TYM. Their prices look good. May be a good place to also get needed parts..

/ Rual King Stores #2  
Interesting. Here's the announcement.

Had these been around last summer, they might have influenced our LS purchase. We have an RK store about 8 miles from our place.

I wish them luck. I always found it curious that places like RK and TSC sold lots of implements, but no tractors.

/ Rual King Stores #4  
I seem to recall running across something somewhere recently stating that Rural King did attempt to enter the tractor retail market once before with some cheap Chinese tractors, and had nothing but trouble with them. I hope they have better luck with TYM, which seems to be a fairly respectable company.

/ Rual King Stores #5  
Rural King sold Foton tractors for a while. Don't know what happened to that venture.

/ Rual King Stores #6  
I hope it works out for TYM. Pretty sure I said the same thing when they made a deal with Cabelas.. :)

/ Rual King Stores #7  
I think the impending sale of Cabelas is what did the tractor line in.

/ Rual King Stores #8  
Tractor supply tried to sell them a few yrs ago. They failed miserably. You need to be able to offer service to sell tractors.

/ Rual King Stores #9  
I think this will be just about like Cabelas in the end. Cabelas has a good service department from what I have seen. I have not taken anything in to know first hand on it. They repair boats a lot besides UTVS and tractors. I haven't seen a chain store have a service department at least in my area. With the new Tier 4 emissions it makes it harder that working on gas engines. You need diagnostic equipment for starters. There is a lot more involved fixing tractors than lawn mowers. Buying a tractor at a chain store is not for me I will stick with a regular tractor dealer.

/ Rual King Stores #10  
The Cabelas in Garner NC where I bought my tractor has a good diesel mechanic. We talked about removing the dpf when the warranty is out. He took my through their shop. They have everything to repair these tym tractors. They have all the filters in stock and keep a supply of parts on hand. They also have the computer scan tool for the tym tractors. Thats something a lot of smaller shops do't have. They said they will service the tractors that they sold even though they got out of the tractor business. I was not looking to buy a new tractor but I was at Cabelas on Dec 23rd Christmas shopping and they were taking about $14000 off the price so I bought a LM45. I have to take it back this week to get the display changed out and the canopy installed. I know this tractor with all this computer stuff is going to give me problems later on that I can not repair. Cabelas is not going anywhere. Can't say that for a lot of the the dealers around here that have gone under. I like this tractor, just wish it didn't have all this computer stuff so I could repair it myself.