Are rural king tractors yanmars?

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Anyone know. Went by a rural king the other day and noticed some decent looking tractors. I looked at the R37 with l102 loader. beefy looking.

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #2  
that RK55HC - 55HP 3-Range Hydrostatic Cab Tractor for 30k sounds a lot cheaper than the yanmar yt359, too bad they don't sell them at my rural king.

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #5  
I think some of the TYMs have Yanmar wngines.

Steve
Didn't know that. A lot of the lower HP John Deere tractors use Yanmar engines too. Makes you wonder if manufacturers don't want to deal with the new Tier IV emissions stuff.

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars?

Steve

Good eye. yep.. TYM made tractors with Yannie engines.

Thanks guys.

My 1955 ford 850 with superior loader is getting very long in the tooth during hay season. A power steering failure 2 weeks ago very nearly made me reach for my wallet. I got lucky and cobbled a repair.. but Imagine within a year I'll be finally looking at something other than an antique.

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #8  
Rural King tractors are built by TYM to Rural King specs. They all have Yanmar engines just like John Deere compact tractors.

Of course, Yanmar is back in the game with their own SA and YT series tractors, but they cost more than RK.

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #9  

Steve

i just looked at them this week - The RK24 tractor had a yanmar engine for sure.. I was also wondering who made the rest of the tractor

Brian

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #10  
Personally I'd be a little hesitant on buying a 55HP machine with a 6 lug rear axle. Kinda like buying a three quarter ton truck with a 6 lug axle. It will probably be okay but I guess I like the idea of having an 8 lug axle like JD, Kubota and Yanmar on their 55HP class machines.

Last edited: