Can you recommend a tiller?

/ Can you recommend a tiller? #11  
Nothing wrong with belt drive. When I hit one of my many rocks, the belt slips, the tiller stops, and nothing is damaged. like I said, I didn't want to drop a pile of money on a tiller, so I didn't. Your mileage may vary.

/ Can you recommend a tiller? #12  
I have had the Cub Cadet RT-65 rear tine tiller for over 3 years and have used it a lot. Overall, it's very durable and my only complaint is that the bolts that hold the wheels on the axle tend to break if you get it in a bind by hitting a rock or a patch of hard ground but it's an easy and inexpensive fix. Currently, I need to replace the belt after getting into a tough patch of rocks and roots last season but again, it's an easy fix.

I don't recall the exact purchase price but I bought mine at Tractor Supply.

Cub Cadet RT-65 Garden Tiller

/ Can you recommend a tiller? #13  
Does MTD produce both the current Troy Bilt and the Cub Cadet tiller? MTD has bought up many different lawn and garden brands.

Belts have to be adjusted and replaced every so often, but it's no big deal.

/ Can you recommend a tiller? #15  
I have had the Cub Cadet RT-65 rear tine tiller for over 3 years and have used it a lot. Overall, it's very durable and my only complaint is that the bolts that hold the wheels on the axle tend to break if you get it in a bind by hitting a rock or a patch of hard ground but it's an easy and inexpensive fix. Currently, I need to replace the belt after getting into a tough patch of rocks and roots last season but again, it's an easy fix.

I don't recall the exact purchase price but I bought mine at Tractor Supply.

Cub Cadet RT-65 Garden Tiller

That is the same model I own; bought from the same retailer.

/ Can you recommend a tiller? #17  
Old thread, so bump.

Not too long ago I was doing the same thing....going around checking out new tillers. I also looked at the CC at TSC, and it looked pretty nice.

In the end, because my intention was to start a business I ended up getting a BCS 718, which is a very sturdy two-wheel tractor. Soon though, actually after tilling my own large garden plot, I knew it was too small. I brought it back and ordered the MUCH larger BCS 853 and now it's my best friend. I've made a bunch of money with it and am now collecting implements (so far 2 mower decks, the 30" tiller box, furrower, dozer/scraper blade, wheel weights and a 1500 lb dump cart with a seat on it so you can RIDE the tractor).

If you want a machine that will last forever, get a BCS. It might outlast you.