Troy Built Tiller

/ Troy Built Tiller #1  

LarryC

Tractor
L2550
A neighbor of mine has an older Troy-Built tiller that the drive wheel gearbox went south on, the local repairmen in the area tell him that parts are no longer available for the older models. Does anyone know of where parts for it may be found? Thanks

/ Troy Built Tiller #2  
My search (my in-laws have a Troy) has told me that only Troy has parts for troy equipment. You have to send them the equipment, they do the repair and ship it back. Sounded like too much $$ to me. Certainly more than my in-laws tiller was worth anyway.
mike

/ Troy Built Tiller #3  
Re: Troy-Bilt replacement parts available...

logo.gif

If you would like to place an order for service parts, please call:
1-800-648-6776
Monday - Friday 8AM - 6 PM EST

If you have questions regarding the operation and maintenance of Troy-Bilt products, please call our technical service department.
1-800-520-5520
Monday - Friday 8AM - 5 PM EST

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.troybilt.com/>Troy-Bilt Webpage…</A>
~~~from the web~~~

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Troy Built Tiller #4  
My Dad just recently had to rebuilt the gear box on a Troybilt Horse that he purchased used. Somebody had run it without oil in the gear box and wore the brass gear out. He is kinda naive on computers and such and didn't understand that I could order directly from MTD (Troybilt) or whoever but instead he refused and had our local Lowes order the parts for him. I am convinced however he paid more than he would have if we would have ordered directly.

/ Troy Built Tiller #5  
Try to find a local dealer if you can. There are still a few and they may have some parts left over, some "junked" units, or they can order the parts for you.

Terry