troy bilt tiller

/ troy bilt tiller #1  

jweaver

HELP!!!! I just " inherited a troy bilt tiller. On the control neck is says Garden Way TH-1019 S/n 388218 built 1/3/79 it has an electric start 8hp briggs on it. Except for the gas and oil its all original 1 owner unit. I need to know what is the true model-horse??, It has fwd, reverse,slow and fast, so is that a 2 speed?? Any ideas how good the cd discs for these are?? or where can i get a manual copy? jim

/ troy bilt tiller #2  
I believe your model is a Horse II (2). II stands for the amount of speeds. Pretty much identical to the Horse model in appearance from what I understand. Manuals are available online at Troybilt.com. Use "Horse II" as model number and do a search to see what comes up, and if it looks like yours. You have the largest motor on yours that they offered at the time.

/ troy bilt tiller #3  
Also, owners manuals are available onsite for download - free:D

/ troy bilt tiller #5  
It's actually considered a 4 speed, you have slow and fast available by changing the position of the lever, and a different slow and fast by hopping the belt over to the other side of both double pulleys (not so easily done when in the garden).