Tractor
    19?? Troybuilt Horse tiller

Default Parts for Troybuilt Horse tiller

I am in need of a front driveshaft bearing for my Troybuilt horse. I've tried Troybuilt and Jack's Small engines. Both say are not in stock on their websites. Does anyone know a good source for OEM parts for these old faithfuls?

Tractor
    2007 Mahindra 3525, 1952 Ford 8N

Default Re: Parts for Troybuilt Horse tiller

If you can get the number off of the old bearing, you might be able to get it at NAPA, etc.

Brian

2007 Mahindra 3525
    1952 Ford 8N

Tractor

Thanks Brian, I was thinking of doing just that, but I didn't want to pull th old one out until I'm sure I can't get an OEM replacement. I have a feeling that item may have been discontinued when MTD took over Troybuilt. But I'm still gonna hope!

Tractor
    Troybilt TF 1001

Quote Originally Posted by ranchome View Post
    I am in need of a front driveshaft bearing for my Troybuilt horse. I've tried Troybuilt and Jack's Small engines. Both say are not in stock on their websites. Does anyone know a good source for OEM parts for these old faithfuls?

Here you go.

Troy-Bilt Parts and Accessories. Everything you need for your Troy-Bilt Tiller - CustomPartsInc.com

Tractor

Thanks oldmanmike. I did end up getting the bearing and seal from Napa. The bearings are marked with the Timken #'s so it was an easy match. The seal we just measured the shaft diameter and the cup diameter to find a match.

2) bearings (front and rear)

1) seal

gear oil

Total $26.50

No shipping, and I have them today. Napa showed drive belts available but couldn't tell me if they were a matched set or not, so I ordered them from Troy-built.

Thanks again for your help.

Tractor

Just an update on my repairs. I installed the new front and rear main shaft bearings and seals yesterday. Everything went great until i went to reassemble the shaft. When I put all the shims in I still had bunches of endshaft play. Turns out the rear worm gear (drives the tines) and the adjacent spacer has worn a lot on the sides. I believe this was caused by not enough gear lube in the transmission. It was lower than the connecting tube level. So now I have to replace the rear worm and it's spacer.

I bought this tiller off a local fellow who said it ran great, only needed the belts tightened, (right) but since I only paid $50.00 for it and the engine started first lick I knew I'd be ok. Right now I'm into it a little under $100.00 so after I get the rest of the repairs done (thinking the gear lube was low due to leaking wheel axle seals, so I'll need to replace them) I believe I'll have a little under $200.00 invested. Not bad I think.

Tractor
    Troybilt TF 1001

I would probably run into the same problems if I have to do the same, so thanks. I think it's worth it to go ahead. My Horse-1 runs great, even though it has minor problems.