Parts for Troybuilt Horse tiller

/ Parts for Troybuilt Horse tiller #1  

ranchome

Tractor
19?? Troybuilt Horse tiller
I am in need of a front driveshaft bearing for my Troybuilt horse. I've tried Troybuilt and Jack's Small engines. Both say are not in stock on their websites. Does anyone know a good source for OEM parts for these old faithfuls?

/ Parts for Troybuilt Horse tiller #2  
If you can get the number off of the old bearing, you might be able to get it at NAPA, etc.

/ Parts for Troybuilt Horse tiller
Thanks Brian, I was thinking of doing just that, but I didn't want to pull th old one out until I'm sure I can't get an OEM replacement. I have a feeling that item may have been discontinued when MTD took over Troybuilt. But I'm still gonna hope!

/ Parts for Troybuilt Horse tiller #4  
Thanks oldmanmike. I did end up getting the bearing and seal from Napa. The bearings are marked with the Timken #'s so it was an easy match. The seal we just measured the shaft diameter and the cup diameter to find a match.

2) bearings (front and rear)

1) seal

gear oil

Total $26.50

No shipping, and I have them today. Napa showed drive belts available but couldn't tell me if they were a matched set or not, so I ordered them from Troy-built.

Thanks again for your help.

Just an update on my repairs. I installed the new front and rear main shaft bearings and seals yesterday. Everything went great until i went to reassemble the shaft. When I put all the shims in I still had bunches of endshaft play. Turns out the rear worm gear (drives the tines) and the adjacent spacer has worn a lot on the sides. I believe this was caused by not enough gear lube in the transmission. It was lower than the connecting tube level. So now I have to replace the rear worm and it's spacer.

I bought this tiller off a local fellow who said it ran great, only needed the belts tightened, (right) but since I only paid $50.00 for it and the engine started first lick I knew I'd be ok. Right now I'm into it a little under $100.00 so after I get the rest of the repairs done (thinking the gear lube was low due to leaking wheel axle seals, so I'll need to replace them) I believe I'll have a little under $200.00 invested. Not bad I think.

/ Parts for Troybuilt Horse tiller #7  
I would probably run into the same problems if I have to do the same, so thanks. I think it's worth it to go ahead. My Horse-1 runs great, even though it has minor problems.