Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source?

/ Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source? #1  

jas67

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S
I need a reversing disc, and belts for my old, 1970's Troy Bilt Horse tiller.
It is the two-speed model that uses two belts.

I also need some shims for the transmission main shaft to take up some of the end play ( axial movement, not side to side).

Thanks,
Jay

/ Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source? #2  
ebay has a bunch of parts for these tillers:
heehaw

/ Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source?
Wis Bang -- thanks for the great link. The reverse disk is 1/2 what MTD wants for it. Too bad that I'm inpatient, and placed and order on MTD's website about an hour ago. I figured that MTD might be 10-15% more, not double :mad:

Oh well. MTD didn't have the main shaft bearings. If I need them, I'll get them from this link.

Thanks again,
Jay

/ Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source? #5  
Wis Bang -- thanks for the great link. The reverse disk is 1/2 what MTD wants for it. If I need them, I'll get them from this link.

Thanks again,
Jay

It was posted here b/4 & I bookmarked it...glad to share

/ Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source? #6  
Hello all... I have an Old Horse.
I found the stamped 5-digit serial# 50550 and I also have the Engine Model and Serial numbers. I'm still looking for a date on it because I seen in another forum one fellow found a date near the serial# and I found this serial # on a little ledge that sticks out right behind the top of the right wheel(if your holding the handlebars) Engine #'s are Serial#2315d and Model#HH60-105079E and again the serial on the tiller is 50550. I'm looking to replace the reverse tine disc..other than that issue it runs like a top. But I would like to know more about it if someone could help because I can't find a thing with that serial number related to my machine. I can find however the rev disc but there are two styles rubber rimmed and one made from a hard fiber. Thanks.

/ Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source? #7  
I found another source with a great parts explosion system...

Parts and Diagrams for Troy-Bilt HORSE I 6HP ROTO TILLER (S/N 1001-639999))

If you just go to partstree.com and fiddle through their menu, they have about 100 choices of Horse models to look at parts diagrams for. The old NON PTO horses are way at the bottom.

I'll have to try out the link above as well to see if there's any difference.

/ Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source?
Hello all... I have an Old Horse.
I found the stamped 5-digit serial# 50550 and I also have the Engine Model and Serial numbers. I'm still looking for a date on it because I seen in another forum one fellow found a date near the serial# and I found this serial # on a little ledge that sticks out right behind the top of the right wheel(if your holding the handlebars) Engine #'s are Serial#2315d and Model#HH60-105079E and again the serial on the tiller is 50550. I'm looking to replace the reverse tine disc..other than that issue it runs like a top. But I would like to know more about it if someone could help because I can't find a thing with that serial number related to my machine. I can find however the rev disc but there are two styles rubber rimmed and one made from a hard fiber. Thanks.

I got my reverser disc from this site (posted earlier by another):
Replacement Parts and Accessories for your Troy-Bilt tiller - CustomPartsInc.com

Also, MTD (who now own's Troybilt still has parts for these old tillers).
Troy-Bilt outdoor power equipment for lawn and garden

Click on "parts".
Try custompartsinc first, they're prices are better.

Which disc do you have? Mine has the hard fiber, and originally had the same HH60 engine that you did. When I got it, it was sitting outside w/o a spark plug in, and the cylinder was filled with water. I didn't even bother with that engine. I bought a new 6.5 HP Briggs from an eBay vendor (it might have been Small Engine Warehouse, I don't remember -- I can look it up for you if you wish) for about $190.

You tiller sounds like mine, and is probably from the 70's. I forget where I found info on determining the age of these.

I downloaded manuals for mine last year, but don't remember where. You can downloaded them from my website here:
Index of /Troybilt

A little googling yielded this site for free manual downloads:
Free Troy-Bilt Tiller owners manuals, user guides & how to instructions | ManualsOnline

/ Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source? #9  
JAS67.........THANKS BUD>>>>>>>>>>>The two owner's manuals on YOUR sight, though a bit of the same are both really great to have in my library of how to maintain these fine machines.......I really like how the one manual shows details on how to work on seals, transmissions, etc.........God bless Bud.........Dennis

/ Old Troy Bilt Horse Parts -- good online source? #10  
I found another source with a great parts explosion system...

Parts and Diagrams for Troy-Bilt HORSE I 6HP ROTO TILLER (S/N 1001-639999))

If you just go to partstree.com and fiddle through their menu, they have about 100 choices of Horse models to look at parts diagrams for. The old NON PTO horses are way at the bottom.

I'll have to try out the link above as well to see if there's any difference.

After reviewing both places, Custom Parts Inc and Parts Tree...I'd say Custom Parts Inc is cheaper...at least on some stuff. The gasket set for the Horse is half the price from Custom Parts Inc. Not sure completely on the other stuff...didn't compare line by line. Parts Tree has a much better way of finding parts, though